Webroot Weekly Highlights - 6/8/2018

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
This is a weekly highlight of the best articles and news going on in the Community.

See any stories that catch your interest? What would you like to see in the future? Let us know in the comments below!

[Survey] Do you live in the most at-risk state in America?

UPDATE: Contest information in the thread!

Nearly 50 percent of Americans don’t use antivirus software

That’s right; something as basic as installing internet security software (which we all know we’re supposed to use) is completely ignored by about half the US. You’d be amazed how common this and other risky online behaviors are. We did a survey of people’s internet habits across the United States, and the numbers aren’t pretty.

See the full article here.

Ask a Security Expert: Why Pay for Antivirus?

Gordon Keenan, technical director of TA Systems, says he gets this question constantly from clients, and no wonder. We live in a world where you can get almost everything for free — Wi-Fi, apps, email. However, when it comes to online security, customers might want to think twice before opting for a free solution. My answer: "Your sensitive information and personal identity are not things you’d want to risk getting into the wrong hands. And as the threat landscape continues to evolve and attackers become more sophisticated, it is crucial to consider the benefits of a paid antivirus solution."

See the full article here.

[Discussion] - Is GDPR a Win for Cybercriminals?

Tyler Moffit (Senior Threat Analyst) published a blog post on The GDPR and it's implications on the world of cybercrime.

I encourage you to check it out, it's an interesting read!

What are your thoughts about this new window that's been opened? Does it impact you or not at all?

See the full discussion here

New malware from this past week

We've seen a few new threats arise over this past week, here's a look at what's on the horizon of cyber security threats:

See what people have been saying about us

• "Tech support is outstanding. Quick connection to tech no long hold times. Highly recomended."
  • "I love the product. I have it on all my systems and to date I have never had a problem or complaint. It works as designed. I called to order 1 year and got a 3 year deal. Love this product."
  • "I have been using Webroot for years and have never encountered any problems, this product is excellent in one word!!"

0 replies

Be the first to reply!