Webroot Weekly Highlights - 7/13/2018

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
This is a weekly highlight of the best articles and news going on in the Community.

See any stories that catch your interest? What would you like to see in the future? Let us know in the comments below!

Join the WiFi Security Beta!

Webroot is introducing a new product to our award-winning lineup of security products: Webroot WiFi Security. As a virtual private network (VPN) app, Webroot WiFi Security will help protect users on any device or network, especially unsecured public WiFi.

Like all our products, this latest addition to the Webroot family will include advanced Webroot BrightCloud® Threat Intelligence to provide the most robust VPN service on the market and the most comprehensive, up-to-the-minute protection for our customers.

See the full article here.

48k Members!

Last week we hit a new milestone of 48,000 members!

We are so excited that our Community continues to grow as we start to approach the 7th year since we launched. A big thank you to all of those that participate and engage with other users across the forum, and we hope to hit 50,000 members here soon so please tell your friends about us, especially if they use Webroot!

Chrome's RAM usage is higher than ever as Google introduces Site Isolation to fight Spectre

Google's Chrome browser may be popular, but you'll find a lot of its users complain about high memory usage. With Chrome 67, things just got even worse.

If you've noticed that Chrome on the desktop is using more RAM, you're not imagining it. Google has enabled a Site Isolation feature in Windows, Mac, Linux and Chrome OS to help mitigate against the Spectre vulnerability -- and it's a bit memory-hungry.

See the ful article here.

Ransomware back in big way, 181.5 million attacks since January

SonicWall announces record numbers for malware volume, ransomware attacks, encrypted threats and chip-based attacks in the mid-year update of the 2018 SonicWall Cyber Threat Report.

“Real-time cyber threat intelligence is more critical than ever as cybercriminals continue to find new attack vectors — like encrypted and chip-based attacks,” said Chad Sweet, CEO at The Chertoff Group. “To stay protected in the cyber arms race, organizations must use every tool in their security toolbox, particularly technology that delivers the necessary visibility to enhance an organization’s security posture.”

See the full article here.

See what people have been saying about us

• "I am using it for my Mac. Though it says that MacOS is a safer OS in comparasion to others, it still feels great having Webroot covering my back on top of that, through daily scan reports and web browser filtering! Great customer support as well."
  • "All of our computers run Webroot. I recommend it to my customers and they always tell me they are really glad that I recommended it and they continue to this day using it."
  • "Good customer service. Also webroot is sincere to its customers, and service providers are always ready to help. I like webroot secureanywhere antivirus service and l will advice anyone wants a good protection antivirus to his or her system to use webroot."

0 replies

Be the first to reply!