Webroot Weekly Highlights - 7/27/2018

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
This is a weekly highlight of the best articles and news going on in the Community.

See any stories that catch your interest? What would you like to see in the future? Let us know in the comments below!

Happy 19th Annual SysAdmin Day

Today, July 27th, the entire IT Community will be celebrating SysAdmin Day! 

We thought we'd get the party started a bit early by wishing each and everyone of you a very happy SysAdmin Day! If you know a sysadmin, send them a card and let them know how much you appreciate everything they do.
(Pssst...they do a lot!)

Now it's 19th year, SysAdmin Day is something every IT Pro looks forward to. If you're just starting out as a sysadmin or looking to sharpen your skill set, our friends at SpiceWorks have put together the very best certifications to make sure you'll stick out from the rest of the pack. 

Share your sysadmin stories with us below!

Happy SysAdmin Day everyone!

See the full article here.

Join the WiFi Security Beta!

Webroot is introducing a new product to our award-winning lineup of security products: Webroot WiFi Security. As a virtual private network (VPN) app, Webroot WiFi Security will help protect users on any device or network, especially unsecured public WiFi.

Like all our products, this latest addition to the Webroot family will include advanced Webroot BrightCloud® Threat Intelligence to provide the most robust VPN service on the market and the most comprehensive, up-to-the-minute protection for our customers.

See the full article here.

Three Malware Campaigns Come Alive for the Holiday Shopping Season

The Kronos banking Trojan was first discovered in 2014 [1] and was a steady fixture in the threat landscape for a few years before largely disappearing. Now a new variant has appeared, with at least three distinct campaigns targeting Germany, Japan, and Poland respectively, to date.

In April 2018, the first samples of a new variant of the banking Trojan appeared in the wild [2]. The most notable new feature is that the command and control (C&C) mechanism has been refactored to use the Tor anonymizing network. There is some speculation and circumstantial evidence suggesting that this new version of Kronos has been rebranded “Osiris” and is being sold on underground markets. In this blog, we present information on the German, Japanese, and Polish campaigns as well as a fourth campaign that looks to be a work in progress and still being tested 

See the ful article here.

Product Update: Mac version 9.0.8.34 

• MAC vulnerability by hardening driver access to processes without root privleges.

See what people have been saying about us

• "I love how this product does its thing without disrupting what I am doing, quickly, efficiently and only if it finds something am I contacted. Yet, if I choose, I can do an extra scan at any time. It's so fast. Thank you."
  • "I checked the standing with Consumer Reports and Webroot remains the top 5 in security for the internet. Concerned with the hackers and security of my personal information, I feel safe and secure against all obstacles that may occur. I just renewed my security for 3 yrs."
  • "Great system. It's effective and doesn't slow my computer down."

0 replies

Be the first to reply!