Webroot Weekly Highlights - 7/6/2018

• 6 July 2018
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
This is a weekly highlight of the best articles and news going on in the Community.

See any stories that catch your interest? What would you like to see in the future? Let us know in the comments below!

Despite the new GDPR regulation entering into effect across Europe, Facebook and Google are manipulating users into sharing personal data by leveraging misleading wording and confusing interfaces, according to a report released today by the Norwegian Consumer Council (NCC).

In its 44-page report, the Norwegian agency accuses Google and Facebook of using so-called "dark patterns" user interface elements into "nudging" users towards accepting privacy options.

See the full article @kkumar did @JosephRi.

See the full article here.

New malware from this past week

We've seen a few new threats arise over this past week, here's a look at what's on the horizon of cyber security threats:

See what people have been saying about us

• "LOVE MY WEBROOT!!!! It has protected me. I feel confident that my devices are safe and secure!!!"
  • "Webroot is the best! I love it, I keep renewing my subscription, never shop anywhere else. I don't have to do anything, it does it all. Their scans are fast and don't slow down my computer or whatever I'm working on at the time. Customer service and Tech support is great. They just protect things and leave me alone. I recommend them!"
  • "Webroot is excellent computer protection. I haven't had any issues with my computer since installing Webroot. I highly recommend Webroot."

0 replies

Be the first to reply!