Webroot Weekly Highlights - 8/17/2018

• 17 August 2018
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
This is a weekly highlight of the best articles and news going on in the Community.

See any stories that catch your interest? What would you like to see in the future? Let us know in the comments below!

WiFI Security Beta is LIVE

Join the WiFi Security Beta!

Webroot is introducing a new product to our award-winning lineup of security products: Webroot WiFi Security. As a virtual private network (VPN) app, Webroot WiFi Security will help protect users on any device or network, especially unsecured public WiFi.

Like all our products, this latest addition to the Webroot family will include advanced Webroot BrightCloud® Threat Intelligence to provide the most robust VPN service on the market and the most comprehensive, up-to-the-minute protection for our customers.

See the full article here.

Live Q&A with Joe Rizzuto

"I wanted to take some time with you 1:1 to answer your questions about the Integrations products and team here at Webroot. You may have heard of our recent BrightGauge integration and our longstanding Unity API integration. Like I mentioned earlier, the Community Team and I will be holding a Live Q&A session right here on the Business Community, on Friday August 17th from 10am - 10:30am MT."

FBI Warns of ‘Unlimited’ ATM Cashout Blitz

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is warning banks that cybercriminals are preparing to carry out a highly choreographed, global fraud scheme known as an “ATM cash-out,” in which crooks hack a bank or payment card processor and use cloned cards at cash machines around the world to fraudulently withdraw millions of dollars in just a few hours.

“The FBI has obtained unspecified reporting indicating cyber criminals are planning to conduct a global Automated Teller Machine (ATM) cash-out scheme in the coming days, likely associated with an unknown card issuer breach and commonly referred to as an ‘unlimited operation’,” reads a confidential alert the FBI shared with banks privately on Friday.

The FBI said unlimited operations compromise a financial institution or payment card processor with malware to access bank customer card information and exploit network access, enabling large scale theft of funds from ATMs.

See the full article here.

Severe vulnerability exposes WordPress websites to attack

A severe WordPress vulnerability which has been left a year without being patched has the potential to disrupt countless websites running the CMS, researchers claim.
 At the BSides technical cybersecurity conference in Manchester on Thursday, Secarma researcher Sam Thomas said the bug permits attackers to exploit the WordPress PHP framework, resulting in a full system compromise.

If the domain permits the upload of files, such as image formats, attackers can upload a crafted thumbnail file in order to trigger a file operation through the "phar://" stream wrapper.

See the full article here.

See what people have been saying about us

• "I have used quite a few antiviral software brands that have been recommended by several sources but this is the one I will stick with across all my devices. Not only is this totally effectual but, almost as importantly it is unobtrusive. Full marks to Webroot."
  • "Quick and easy to work with, tech support is great"
  • "I was using other software up until a few years ago. Then I did a lot of research and came across Webroot and its stellar ratings from pros and consumers. So I made the switch and haven't regretted it one bit. I've also recommended the product to friends."

0 replies

Be the first to reply!