Solved

[InformationRequest]Is there a trial system? And other things.

• 7 September 2017
  • 3 replies

Greetings all:

First question: is there a trial system, if so, where can I obtain it?

Second question: I got infected with erotic web pop ups. I tried Bitdefender, but that sodding crap thing (excuse me the French, please) kept deleting stuff it did not had to delete, resoring that stuff ended up with it being deleted not 10 seconds later, and I could not prevent this, no matter what I tried. Granted: game trainers do give a false positive, but even then, the fact I could not prevent these files from deletion is VERY wrong. I am not even master anymore in my own system. They should be ashamed. Avast is such other creep in this regard. Can I safely tell Webroot to not delete certain files, or will this program just as well trying to become master of my stuff? Heck, even if my system was 110% hacked, then still they should leave my stuff alone (and NO, I do not run hacked stuff, for the record, I was talking 'in case of').

Thank you beforehand:
Luke.

icon

Best answer by JP_ 7 September 2017, 23:17

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Greetings @! Thanks for joining our Community, happy to have you here :cathappy:

First question: YES! You can download it here directly on our website.

Second question: Absolutely. We have a feature where you can Allow, Block, or Monitor specific files. You can learn more about it in our User Guide here. Also, keep in mind that items are moved to the Quarantine and can still be restored before being permanently deleted. You can learn about that in the User Guide here.

I hope you find this information helpful, and do let us know if we can help with anything else!

À votre santé
Thank you very much, good Sir.

I hope I will truly stay master in my own system, it's bloody annoying that programs like Avast and the likes decide for you what to do with files, even when clean, not to mention the spying on your system (some can even check your entire system through their program)...
They should be ashamed for that form of acting, as it violates every rule about privacy and ownership.

Kudos and accepted as answer.  🙂
Userlevel 7
You are most welcome, fellow good sir :D

We believe in keeping things as open & transparent as possible.
If you come across any problems, we'll be on the case.

Thank you very much for your kudos/answer and I hope you enjoy your stay here!