cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back-up your data

100% helpful (1/1)

If you have failed to stop ransomware from successfully encrypting your data, then the next best protection is being able to restore your data and minimize business downtime.

Bear in mind when you are setting up your backup strategy that crypto-ransomware like CryptoLocker will also encrypt files on drives that are mapped, and some modern variants will look for unmapped drives too. Crypto-ransomware will look for external drives such as USB thumb drives, as well as any network or cloud file stores that you have assigned a drive letter to.

You need to set up a regular backup regimen that at a minimum backs up data to an external drive, or backup service, that is completely disconnected when it is not performing the backup.

The recommended best practice is that your data and systems are backed up in at least three different places.

• Your main storage area (file server)
  • Local disk backup
  • Mirrors in a cloud business continuity service

In the event of a ransomware disaster, this set-up will give you the ability to mitigate any takeover of your data and almost immediately regain the full functionality of your critical IT systems.

Labels (1)
Comments
lbrey

I do have a question though and I am not sure how to ask it on the community forum.  On my Webroot, there is nowhere for me to login into to start the webroot back up. Please help to find or how do I get started with the Webroot back up that comes with my subscription. 

Thank you and I apologize for posting in here. 

lbrey