N00b questions on deployment through group policy

• 5 September 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge +5
Hi guys, I have some noobish questions on depolying to endpoints using group policy in active directory. I know I can use the MSI file that is downloaded from my web console. I have downloaded it. 
I have also put that file in my group policy shared folder, and I can see how I deploy MSI files using GPO>Computer Configuration>Policies>Software Settings>Software installation.
Now where to go from here? I understand that the MSI is interactive, and I want it it to be silent and put in its own product key.

It sounds like what this guy is talking about here, but I don't know where or how to put in those command line arguments....and where to go from here. 
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Endpoint-Protection-and-GSM-KB/Using-MSI-for-Deployment/ta-p/326532

1 reply

Badge +5
Ok, looks like I got some help from a co-worker! He edited the MSI file to put our product key in, so the pc's show up in our dashboard when they get added to our domain and logged into. 🙂 I made a GPO edit after he gave me the modified msi file.