Solved

Now that Microsoft Edge browser supports extensions, will webroot start working on that browser?

• 17 August 2016
  • 5 replies

When will webroot work on the edge browser? There are extensions now, btw.
icon

Best answer by nic 17 August 2016, 17:54

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
The answer is yes, but not right yet. Microsoft is only allowing select vendor extensions at the moment. They're doing a vetting process to make sure that extensions are reviewed first. Once we can get in that queue and through the process then we'll have our extensions in there.
Badge +6
It has been nearly 8 months.  What's the staus of this  issue?  From what I can tell, there still are no extensions for Windows 10 Edge browser.
Userlevel 7
Hello @ and welcome to the Community.

Unfortunately, that ball really isn't in our court. If you look at the Extensions for Microsoft Edge page on Microsoft's website, they still only have 25 listed and in a few months it will have been a full 2 years since the initial release of Windows 10. It doesn't seem to be a huge priority on their list and we unfortunately can't expedite that process in any way.
Badge +6
@Thanks for the update.  I guess it wouldn't hurt to mention to those at Microsoft my displeasure with their progress on this front.
Userlevel 7
Badge +31
This is being actively worked on - MSFT are being very cautious on approving extensions.  We're also looking at Plan B , C , D etc..

Jonathan