Solved

Webroot Mac agent showing orange, says some features disabled

• 12 February 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +24
  • Popular Voice
  • 104 replies
One of our internal Macs is showing the Webroot icon in gray with the exclamation point in the menu bar.  In opening it, I have found it says that some important security features are disabled.  Of course, I cannot tell what they are because the system is managed by policy from the GSM console, so when I click, it doesn't let me look at what might be off.  As far as I can see, the shields are on, and we are using an internal policy that uses fairly common settings on the Mac side.  Is it possible to find out what settings would definitively cause a system to report like this if they are off?

Thanks for any assistance.
icon

Best answer by akim 16 February 2018, 00:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Hi @, this issue is usually caused by an Apple limitation which Webroot has to abide by. Our support team would be happy to look into it further and explain the details if you would like to call (https://tel:18662548400) or submit a ticket
Userlevel 5
Badge +24
@wrote:
Hi @, this issue is usually caused by an Apple limitation which Webroot has to abide by. Our support team would be happy to look into it further and explain the details if you would like to call () or submit a ticket
Akim,

I have opened a ticket.  Here's my concern:

If this is a limitation, then hopefully your software is working normally.  However, this behavior is telling my clients it is not and something is wrong.  This causes concern that something isn't working right on their computers, as they aren't getting the normal happy green Webroot icon.

If this is an issue of "situation normal" I need to know that it would show that to our clients, and only show orange with an exclamation point if there is something that we/they can actually fix.  More information to people who have Mac clients would be greatly useful so that everyone is aware of this possibility and why, and if it can be fixed.