cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report on computers not seen in x amount of days

Report on computers not seen in x amount of days

As a Managed Services Provider, I would like to be able to automate the ability to run a report across my 40+ clients to see which computers or servers have not been seen in x amount of days.  Currently this is a time consuming manual process. 

15 Comments
Product Manager

Thanks @tech-ut!

Based on this, we will therefore focus primarily on returning a list of devices as the first phase - and then look to expand on this with actions against the devices as a second phase.

New Voice

Thank you @ChrisW for addressing a solution. Our MSPs need it desperately - having the ability to quickly identify endpoints that haven't checked in to a site within the GSM is critical, as it can indicate a serious issue.

With the Reporting solution, MSPs would need to be able to create an automatic/reoccurring report that would email to a Distribution List (at minimum, daily) all endpoint data (Site, Hostname, FSD, LSD, Status, etc.) that can be sorted. Ideally, it would be great to have this added to the Dashboard Charts where an MSP can drill down and access the endpoint without manually locating it under the Sites Tab.

One of our partners emailed me when I sent them your update about this feature request being on the roadmap as a Report first:

"Ideally, though, some sort of email Alert would be best like the information I receive when a new installation has occurred. Something that says 'Hey! -  endpoint so and so hasn't reported in X days'. I live in my email and not so much on my dashboards (I have a few of them) and all my other dashboards send me email alerts when somethings wrong. If i'm traveling or driving, I still get my emails - I don't or can't necessarily be logged into the GSM dashboard 24/7."

Product Manager

No problem @dmbeluke.

We're aware this has been a big problem for far too long, so are looking for the quickest way to get this resolved for everyone.

I agree that alerts (email or SMS) would be the preferable, and most immediate method of responding to this, and we are investigating expanding and improving on our current alerting solution in the future to provide this sort of capability.

Product Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

A new "Devices" page is now available within GSM, which allows you to view all devices installed across all sites.

You can also filter this list by status - and one of these statuses being "Not Seen Recently".

I hope this helps to alleviate the problem of devices which have not seen recently - even though this isn't the EXACT solution proposed.

Any feedback always appreciated Smiley Happy

New Voice

The Device page is part of the solution but we need to be able to sort / filter the data on last seen / site / group / policy.

The easiest solution would be to export the data to CSV but I can't find that anywhere?