Did You Know?

bafonetto

backup pause resume restart

by New Voice bafonetto on ‎03-25-2012 09:18 AM

Hi all, sorry for the language use Google translator

would be useful to have a button that puts in pause and restart the backup. Sometimesyou do not need to be kept synchronized. Indeed, the service "Webroot Sync & sharing"can only be ended by task manager (but this is not good).

Comments
by Moderator Moderator on ‎03-25-2012 09:58 AM

Hey bafonetto no problem at all. Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

If you would like to manually manage your online backup without it always syncing you can use the "Web Archive" folder instead of the "Magic Briefcase" for storing your files. Here you can manually add and delete files you wish to keep or discard.

As far as the "Webroot Sync & Sharing" only being closed by the task manager I am not having the same issue and am wondering if you are referring to the "Webroot Manage Sync Folders"? If this is the case you should be able to exit this window manually with the "X" at the top of the screen.

Please let me know if the "Web Archive" will help your needs!

by New Voice bafonetto on ‎03-25-2012 02:42 PM

Hi MikeR,

Not mean that. But "off" or "turn" the entire service.
Thank you for your reply.

by Moderator Moderator ‎03-25-2012 03:49 PM - edited ‎03-25-2012 03:50 PM

You are welcome bafonetto thank you for your input!

If you would like to turn off the SecureAnywhere service at any point you can do so by "right-clicking" the green Webroot icon in your bottom right system tray and selecting "Shut Down Webroot".

Mike R

Social Support

by New Voice bafonetto on ‎03-26-2012 01:14 AM
Surely I have not explained it well:

I'll try to be as schematic as possible (I hope that google translate well the concept)

The program consists of two main modules:

1. security module (antivirus + firewall)

2. Management data (SugarSync)

might be useful on the netbook to run games and save RAM "off" Form 2 (keeping only the 1 that is important for safety).

by New Voice bafonetto ‎03-26-2012 05:53 AM - edited ‎03-26-2012 06:00 AM

I add, as an example, this post and I sent earlier by making use of a 3G connection with my smartphone (using a tethering). Meanwhile, the service "Webroot sync & sharing" (in background) discharged (paid) many Mbits. If I could stop it. this would be a "little gem".

I would have achieved two things:

1. active virus :smileytongue:

2. I do not use a "service" that I needed at that time:smileywink:

by Retired Webrooter on ‎04-19-2012 09:14 AM
Status changed to: Duplicate Idea

by Retired Webrooter on ‎04-19-2012 09:16 AM

This idea is a duplicate of this one. Please kudo that idea instead.  :smileyhappy:

Welcome!
Share your ideas - big and small!

Remember to VOTE for your favorite ideas because we're listening. Not all will be implemented, but the ones will the most votes will definitely get discussed. :)

If you are a business customer, please submit your ideas in the Feature Requests area instead.
Idea Categories
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count