i. lptemp language files in temp folders. Reference: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAny
ii. Renamed, over time redundant WRkrn.sys files in Drivers folder. Ref: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAny
Any other files or remnants etc. which may also be reasonably included. Suggestions and additions welcome.
I am not sure how I would envisage achieving this, but ideally it would be optional, perhaps as an addition to the Optimizer, but that would exclude users not running the appropriate version of WSA.
When one clicks links in the GUI, for example the Submit Sample button or Get Customer Support, a lot of important info is inside the URL. I haven't been able to determine exactly all that is being sent, but I do see the persons email address and some kind of license ID.
Apart from the fact that this information can be intercepted easily, people may also post their links publicly, unaware of the fact that it may contain sensitive information.
Let's say a thief steals your phone, as phone thiefs tend to do. One of the first things they will do is turn the device off to help keep the product from being tracked, just in case. Once they get home or whever they want to toy with the phone, they will have to turn it back on to try to unlock the device or factory reset it.
Therefore, I would like to see Webroot SecureAnyhere upload the location of the device to the users Webroot account whenever the device is turned on or off. That could potentially be the one difference in locating a stolen device.
This enhancement/suggestion is certainly not necessary but would be helpful in certain situations.
By adding a more simple method to filter the viewing of the Active Connections and Active Processes, it would simplify and speed up the process of viewing (ONLY) those in a blocked or monitored condition.
While the current screens provide the above-mentioned information it is a bit unwieldy when forced to scroll through many lines of information while looking for blocked or monitored conditions. Sometimes an active process or connection is temporary and if you don’t catch it quickly while it is being executed, you can miss out on valuable troubleshooting information.
This would be most helpful to the non-techie user who is probably overwhelmed by the amount of information on the screen when trying to troubleshoot if WSA is preventing their application or function from working properly.
I reported a conflict and was asked to post this here so here is my original message: "I have been noticing a conflict between the webroot filtering extension and the ublock origin extension. I was experiencing extreme lag and slow load times until I disabled the ublock origin extension, which is unfortunate because I would prefer to use it instead of adblock or another adblocker. I mainly wanted you to be aware and hopefully something can be resolved with this."
Due to reliability and speed issues I currently have a two ISP accounts and Lines bonded as one faster account (now looking at a third line) using a TP-Link TL-R470T+ unit. However doing this seems to cause problems when logging in to manage my account and I need to disable all but one line to make this work. This causes me issues, including speed delays. Can the Webroot account Management be adjusted to allow for those of us with a 'bonded' account to work without dismantling the system and then re-enabling please.
i know is one will proberly not kick off. but i think it will be a good idea if there is a live chat aswell as messages so that you can reply back right away. bit like the chat on facebook. i not sure if you all will agree and if its a stuipd idea.
let me know what you all think.
hi all not sure if there is one already but would be great to know what viruses are out and new ones that are targeting our systems. like a list of the top 10 ect...
let me know if there is already something as such and where to find it if this already exsits.
In the Group Management tab, while viewing the endpoints list there is the Scan History pane at the bottom of the screen.
When having opened to view a specific client's item of Scan History, then, in order to view the next one, we have to close the one that is currently open and then open the next one or the previous one.
It is not rare that we would want to view the batches of files being detected consecutively at each "timestamp" being offered by the scans. It gives a totally different perspective than when viewing all the files detected for a specific client.
We need this to determine what went on and when, and the history behind that.
If in every opened Search History item we had navigation buttons to load the next item and the previous item it would be much easier for tracking the actual history behind some important for us threat detections.
I didn't find anything relevant in the previous feature requests, but if I only missed it, please inform me as to move this under an already existing relevant thread.