A security issue

• 28 August 2014
  • 1 reply

I recently logged onto my Wells Gargo bank account site. While on the site a pop-up appeared on my screen that said that Wells Fargo was asking me to complete a short survey on my banking experience and the bank was givng a free.gift. The questions were what the bank would have asked--how often I went to the banking center, would I recommend Wells Fargo bank, etc. Since that incident, the same pop-up and appeared on other sites that I logged onto. It looks very convincing that the company whose site you are on is asking for feedback. A free.gift is offered for completing the survey. It is a scam. How can it e detedted and stopped? I am sure my computer is now infected.
Evelyn in Houston

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

To have your system checked please Submit a Support Ticket and they will let you know if you have anything that needs attention and will help you remove anything if need be free of charge! Also it could be a PUA so please look at this Article to see if you might have one and how to remove it: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Techie-KB/How-to-Remove-Potentially-Unwanted-Applications/ta-p/40744

Thanks,

Daniel 😉