Greetings!

• 30 December 2017
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I have been using Webroot SecureAnywhere for four years now.  It is a fast and sensitive AV solution, albeit sometimes too sensitive.  WSA recently flagged some exe files (in action) as infected, which quickly stopped these apps from working.  Closer inspection showed that over 7,000 files on my PC were infected with Neshta.A (about 4,000 had been automatically backed up to another partition), which Webroot had never detected in these four years.  I know WSA is fast as it looks for active threats, because the dormant threats are not doing anything.  But it would be a nice advanced feature to have so WSA could do a custom deep scan and recognize this dormant code which replicates like gangbusters.  I lucked out and stumbled upon an AVG free download which cleaned the Neshta.A infected files, saving me much time in repairs.  Windows Defender detected these files too, but quarantined them (like WSA).  WSA needs to have the ability to clean, not just quarantine/delete.  If a virus like this can keep replicating in executables, undetected for four years, that's a problem.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi todmap382

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Well, your report is certainly a strange one, and one that I have never heard of before in relation to WRSA. It terms of what you have found I would Open a Support Ticket to advise the Support Team of this so that they can investigate, etc.

In terms of your suggestion the best thing to do is to pop over to the Ideas Exchange forum and start a new feature request for it (having first checked to see that there is not already such a feature request in progress). By doing that you can elicit comments & feedback on your idea, plus support from fellow members in the form of kudos. The Development Team review regularly and so this is the best way to get this sort of idea in front of them for consideration.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick