Hello (Again) everyone

• 5 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
Like many others, I do go away and try other AV's.  It's so easy to forget how troublefree Webroot is - so you wander off and try the alternatives.
Other AV's seem to have their little nuances and fobles, and perhaps the most annoying is how your online banking can be influenced by your progran choice.
To cut a long story short - I ended up using defender, which in fairness I did rate - but it is basic.
So Webroot here I am again, HAPPY to be using a first rate internet security program that has never given me any problems whatsoever in the past (I have used various version over many years)
Are there any other return'ees who have had the same experience?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
Like many others, I do go away and try other AV's.  It's so easy to forget how troublefree Webroot is - so you wander off and try the alternatives.
Other AV's seem to have their little nuances and fobles, and perhaps the most annoying is how your online banking can be influenced by your progran choice.
To cut a long story short - I ended up using defender, which in fairness I did rate - but it is basic.
So Webroot here I am again, HAPPY to be using a first rate internet security program that has never given me any problems whatsoever in the past (I have used various version over many years)
Are there any other return'ees who have had the same experience?
Welcome back @. I think every program has its little nuances but then when you put all the resource hogging add on's into the mix which a lot of the very popular mass market AV vendors include you can get serious slow downs unlike WSA. So I am not surprised by your return, a good move I think on your part.
@ wrote:
Welcome back @.
I second that :D

@ wrote:
I think every program has its little nuances but then when you put all the resource hogging add on's into the mix which a lot of the very popular mass market AV vendors include you can get serious slow downs unlike WSA. So I am not surprised by your return, a good move I think on your part.
I'll second that also ;)

And I would add that it is also far and away the most effective of all the AV programmes I've tried so far.