Solved

Hi to All from the 'Olde Dominion'!

Userlevel 3
I'm what you would call 'RED' (retired and extremely dangerous, not unlike the movie of the same name).  My current hobbies among many involve a passion for cyber security, critical thinking, and the 'unrelenting' thirst for truth.

As a retired federal employee of 33 years now residing in Virginia, I'm interested in thwarting 'robo' callers, telephone and on-line 'scammers' and any other generic 'dirt bag' of the same ilk.

I signed on with Webroot when I got my wife a new laptop, last Christmas.  Being very impressed with the ease of download, activation and the speed of the scans on her machine, I decided to pull the plug on McAfee Live Safe that I had on my own desktop with a little over 2.5 months left in my subscription after McAfee Live Safe's third failure to properly download my AVP updates!

Since late last December, when I downloaded Webroot on my wife's computer as recommended by a salesman at BestBuy, I've had no issues!  Thus, I look forward to the beginning of a ‘beautiful’ relationship interacting with the rest of the Webroot community!
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 26 April 2017, 03:04

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello Uncas, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Uncas,

Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum,

We are happy to have you here joining us.:D

Please have a look at the Getting Started Guide if you get a chance.

Hope you enjoy the Forum. :D

Userlevel 7
Welcome abord, @! :manhappy:

Userlevel 5
I am a plain Noob myself and have found this site to be helpful.

Robocallers?  Ugg.  Their newest tactic is phone number spoofing.  There needs to be some kind of software developed to detect that.

I use a blocking app on my cell to keep them off my cellphone.
Userlevel 7
@ hopefully that's something that is being worked on right now.

Out of curiosity, what is the app you use on your phone to block them? I feel it might be helpful to share info like this with more of our users.
Userlevel 5
Hiya  It also be set up to block callers that don't ID themselves.
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Josh I love that welcome.gif!  Hey how about buying a vowel from me "Welcome abord":D  LOL

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Welcome aboard Uncas.   This forum is a great place to be.   Come in let your hair down and relax.  Glad your here!
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hi there @  I have been receiving ongoing robo calls (3 calls today, same number).  Those calls are so annoying.  I'm gathering the documented calls and the messages they leave.  Going to write to my Attorney General and his office will take over.

Userlevel 3
Thanks Ssherjj! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Uncas,

You are most welcome! :D