Hiya

• 12 August 2014
  • 5 replies

Urmmm hellooooo from me!!!!

Just saying hello, and also just a request!!

I recently went to download manually definitions only to find that as fast as it said it was checking them it finished lol, tried the same thing on the phone and it did the same thing. Now I there might be a problem so rang up Webroot directly the next day.
The lady I spoke to tried her own phone and the same thing happened.
She asked me to stay on the line for a bit while she checked it, she had asked a colleague what was wrong to be just told that it meant the definitions were up to date hence why the message wasn't staying too long, but would stay longer if there was a definition to update.
Now I was grateful for the contact as it put my mind at rest but wouldn't it be a better plan to just  have a message that  says your definitions are up to date or another one to say definitions are behind downloaded after the first message to say it's checking for new definitions?.

Not all of us are computer/android savvy and I'm sure there must be other people who question what it means. This is not having a go as I am very happy with Webroot, rather just a message to hopefully make it a little more user friendly.

I hope someone might be able to help and put my idea forward.

Toodaloo for now.

Timbo

5 replies

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Urmmm hellooooo from me!!!!

Just saying hello, and also just a request!!

I recently went to download manually definitions only to find that as fast as it said it was checking them it finished lol, tried the same thing on the phone and it did the same thing. Now I there might be a problem so rang up Webroot directly the next day.
The lady I spoke to tried her own phone and the same thing happened.
She asked me to stay on the line for a bit while she checked it, she had asked a colleague what was wrong to be just told that it meant the definitions were up to date hence why the message wasn't staying too long, but would stay longer if there was a definition to update.
Now I was grateful for the contact as it put my mind at rest but wouldn't it be a better plan to just  have a message that  says your definitions are up to date or another one to say definitions are behind downloaded after the first message to say it's checking for new definitions?.

Not all of us are computer/android savvy and I'm sure there must be other people who question what it means. This is not having a go as I am very happy with Webroot, rather just a message to hopefully make it a little more user friendly.

I hope someone might be able to help and put my idea forward.

Toodaloo for now.

Timbo

Welcome to the community Timbo!

Thank you for your feedback!

Please feel free to post your ideas in the Ideas Exchange in the community.

Please come often and share your experiences!

Beth
Bloom in predictive text!!! It was meant to read being 'downloaded' not 'Behind' lol.
Just read it back and I had a job to read my own post lol.

Thanks for the reply though, am going to have a nose about on here to find me bearings lol

Regards

Timbo
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Bloom in predictive text!!! It was meant to read being 'downloaded' not 'Behind' lol.
Just read it back and I had a job to read my own post lol.

Thanks for the reply though, am going to have a nose about on here to find me bearings lol

Regards

Timbo
Thanks Timbo!

Enjoy the community and let us know if we can assist you with anything!

Beth
Userlevel 7
Hello Timbo. Welcome to the Community.:)

If you right click on the WSA icon in the taskbar and click on check for updates, this is what will show up:

This is usually when WSA is up to date. But it will show checking for updates when it would be checking for the latest program update. That's rare because it almost always automatically update itself before the need for manual updating can arise.

If you got 'checking for update' that means WSA is updating itself with the latest program update on those rare occassions. It finished updating so fast because if you had not noticed it yet, the size of WSA is very small.

That was for the program update. Now let's talk about definition update. WSA is a cloud security solution. This means WSA doesn't download the definitions in your pc but they are stored up in the cloud. This takes the load off your machine and every detection and checking is done in the machines of Webroot that is the cloud. When you connect your pc to the internet, WSA connects itself to the internet and voila it's connected to the cloud. This makes the protection from threats more efficient and faster than ever. You don't have to wait for WSA to finish downloading  the latest definitions to protect your pc as is the case with any other traditional AV. Instead WSA is already protecting your pc as it's connected to the cloud which is always updated with the latest definitions. The difinitions in the cloud are maintained and constantly updated by a world class team of brilliant researchers.

In other words, you can sit back, relax and not worry about WSA or threats. WSA take care of everything. There are more important things to perform with your pc and mobile devices (WSA also protects them) than to worry about an AV as is the case with using any other traditional AV.:)

Userlevel 6
Hi Timbo and welcome aboard! :D