Solved

How to Resolve pop ups all the time and pre-installed windows ?

Hello ,

I am using windows 7 64 bits on Intel i5. After playing a pop up flash movie my system is behaving weirdly. I am getting a lots of pop ups all the time and pre-installed windows defender is also not working. May anyone please help me to identify the problem and what is going on inside my system?
icon

Best answer by Rakanisheu Retired 14 May 2014, 13:00

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Install Firefox/Chrome and install the extension Adblock, that should fix all the pop-up issues. As for Windows defender I wouldnt worry about it, you dont need it if your running Webroot. 
Userlevel 7
Hello marry_smith. Welcome to the Community.

To add to what Rakanisheu said, after installing Firefox, go to Options> Content and check Block pop-up windows.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Well that's true Amit but adding Adblock Plus for Firefox & Chrome you don't see any Pop-ups or Advertising!

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Haha you're absolutely right. But I keep that option checked for an added precaution anyways.;)
@ wrote:
Install Firefox/Chrome and install the extension Adblock, that should fix all the pop-up issues. As for Windows defender I wouldnt worry about it, you dont need it if your running Webroot. 
I aappreciate your reply. But I already used Adblock Plus in my past that time also shown the same problem with me. I need to re-install the Window or not ?
Userlevel 7
Your problem isnt 100% clear, are you seeing these pop-ups inside your browser? Or are you getting them on your desktop? You shouldnt ever had to re-install windows for pop-ups. Are you seeing any other issues? Like audio adverts being played through your speakers? Search redirects? 
@ wrote:
Well that's true Amit but adding Adblock Plus for Firefox & Chrome you don't see any Pop-ups or Advertising!

Daniel
Hello

I most welcome to your answer. But earlier , I used to Adblock Plus for firefox and chrome. I already faced lots of pop ups all the times.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Can you please Submit a Support Ticket so the Threat Team can look into your scan log to see if you have any PUA's and if you do they can help you remove them.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉