I paid $54.98 for Webroot, why is computer saying it's expired?

• 30 July 2016
  • 1 reply

I want to know why my computer is saying my Webroot expired when 11 days ago I paid $54.98 for Webroot. I just received a Webroot Personal Security disc in the mail.  What do I do now?  I just recently upgraded to Windows 10 and I regret that because nothing has been working since. Please help.  Webroot scans my computer and then I get an error message saying I need a cleanup license key to remove threats.  What did I pay $54.98 for?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi kurichan

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Sorry to hear of your issues.

May I ask if you had WSA installed previously and therefore this purchase was effectively a renewal? Or are you a new user and if so given that you say that you are getting "an error message saying I need a cleanup license key to remove threats" did you install WSA using a new expired trial keycode?

Given what you have said I am guessing the latter, but confirmation would be good anyway, and therefore you have purchased a subscription. If that is the case then you should have received a new keycode to cover your new subscription; if purchased online from Webroot you should have received an email with the keycode in it plus instructions to set up your online account (more on that later if required). If purchased directly from Best Buy/Geek Squad the keycode should be on a sticker on the back of the packaging received (and I believe on the receipt).

Either way, once you have the keycode all you should need to do is to enter it into WSA & activate it as follows:

?

and then:

?

and that should do it.

I hope that helps but if you have any issues with that or further questions then please post back.

Regards, Baldrick

PS. The disc received is not necessary if you have WSA already installed, but is good to have as a back up.