My Webroot comes on at unscheduled times and chokes the computer out of memory.

• 11 October 2015
  • 2 replies

Hello everybody.

Does your webroot come on at unwanted times?  My AOL is a big
memory hog, and the webroot makes it unoperative.  Any idea
out there?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi snowquail

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Could you explain what you mean by "comes on" & "unwanted times"? Are the unwanted times regular or one in particular?

A little more information would help as it does not sound as if you are referring to the schedule scan that WSA has set up by default but which can be changed to suit the user.

Many thank in anticipation.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi snowquail

At the risk of being completely incorrect I will direct you to this page of the online help that deals with changing scan schedules.

It is a guess as WSA scans whether manual or scheduled are both light and fast and so should not cause a go slow even if you are using memory intensive applications (unless your system is down on memory to start with).

The key parameters to check when reading thorugh the help text are (i) Enable scheduled scans, (ii) Scan on bootup if the computer is off at the scheduled time, & (iii) Randomize the time of scheduled scans up to one hour for faster scanning, as these can cause what seems to be random scanning if not set in an appropriate way and you are not aware that they are active, etc.

Any further questions please ask.

Regards, Baldrick