Did You Know?

Rakanisheu

Re: New and have a question-

Hello,

We have a tool that may fix this. Please download the following program and run it. If it detects any broken services just hit next and reboot when asked. Should fix this issue.

http://download.webroot.com/wsvcscan.exe

Please use plain text.
TripleHelix
Topics: 404
Kudos: 3,287
Ideas: 5
Solutions: 422

Sounds great Roy I await the results!

Cheers,

Daniel :smileywink:

coollogo_com-133794099.gif

asapvip.png   SigSVIP.png    Sr.Expert Advisor Jan 23 2014.png

Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete 2014 Beta Tester v8.0.4.70 on my main system Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit & on Win XP 32bit, Win Vista 32bit, Win 7 32bit, Win 8.1 Pro 32bit & 64bit all on VM's. 

MVP.gif.pngMicrosoft® MVP Consumer Security 2012/15

New to the Community? Register now and start posting!

Please use plain text.
New Voice
WRT2013

I followed your last instructions but the problem continued.  I went ahead and did a Window's restore  This seems to have resolved the problem.  I'm not sure if Roy's .exe would have resolved the issue but I did go ahead and run it.  No problems were found.   It still boggles my mind that Windows gives me an error in safe mode when there is none!  Thanks for seeking a solution, I only wish I could have tested Roy's .exe.

Please use plain text.
TripleHelix
Topics: 404
Kudos: 3,287
Ideas: 5
Solutions: 422

WRT2013 wrote:

I followed your last instructions but the problem continued.  I went ahead and did a Window's restore  This seems to have resolved the problem.  I'm not sure if Roy's .exe would have resolved the issue but I did go ahead and run it.  No problems were found.   It still boggles my mind that Windows gives me an error in safe mode when there is none!  Thanks for seeking a solution, I only wish I could have tested Roy's .exe.

Not a problem if it happens again try Roy's tool and thanks for your reply!

Daniel :smileywink:

coollogo_com-133794099.gif

asapvip.png   SigSVIP.png    Sr.Expert Advisor Jan 23 2014.png

Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete 2014 Beta Tester v8.0.4.70 on my main system Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit & on Win XP 32bit, Win Vista 32bit, Win 7 32bit, Win 8.1 Pro 32bit & 64bit all on VM's. 

MVP.gif.pngMicrosoft® MVP Consumer Security 2012/15

New to the Community? Register now and start posting!

Please use plain text.
Rakanisheu

I go by a rule and its Windows is always lying to me :smileyhappy: A system restore would fix this issue alright its not a bad option to fall back on.

Please use plain text.
New Voice
WRT2013

Hi Roy.  I thought I would provide some history after I ran the wsvcscan.exe. you provided.    Don't know if this is relevant feedback or not but here you go.  After logging in this morning (Windows 7), when I opened Outlook I had a pop-up telling me Windows Search Engine was disabled.  After reviewing options online I decided to try the "user friendly approach" first.

I went to Control Panel/Programs and Features and clicked on "Turn Windows Features On/Off" in the pane to the left and unchecked Windows Search.  A restart is required.  I then went back in and turned on Windows Search.  Outlook no longer sends me a popup with "Windows Search Engine disabled....." but when the machine restarted the first time my background image disappeared and after I turned Windows Search back on I had to reset my background image as well. 

Your thoughts?

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.
New Voice
BudRowe

Hi, everyone. I am new to Windows 8 as just getting used to new laptop with "8". After installing Webroot, when I receive an email with a link to a video, the video is blocked except for the sound. How do I view the video?

Please use plain text.
New Voice
BudRowe

Also, I notice the video came from youtube, so I went cirect to youtube and the videos are blocked on that site. What can be done so I can view the videos?

Please use plain text.
pegas
Topics: 71
Kudos: 756
Ideas: 17
Solutions: 67

Hello BudRowe and welcome to the Webroot Community!

What do you mean exactly by saying blocked videos? Did you receive Webroot Blocked Navigation with "This website has been reported unsafe"? If so, it does mean the new Web shield struck and blocked the page/videos. If you think it is a false positive, please submit a support ticket and they will verify the site and if everything's alright they will unblock (whitelist) the site.

Sr. Expert Advisor

Please use plain text.
New Voice
BudRowe

I open "youtube" site, click on a video to view, start the video, then the video screen is filled with vertical lines. A small tab in the upper right corner of video appears. The tap reads'Blocked" I move the curser on the tab, then "Click here ro block this object with Ablock Plus" appears. I right click on the tab then: Open link in new tab; open link to new window; open link to new private window; Bookmark this link; save link as--; copy link location; inspect element; login to Webroot; comes up

Please use plain text.