New here

I'm just trying out "Webroot Sercure Anywhere antivirus" for the 2 week trial. Why does webroot only give 2 weeks?. Every other antivirus program gives 30 days. So far I like that it's light on resources from what I've noticed. However I don't like all the "Shields". I have the "Web shield" disabled because I don't think that's needed especially with todays modern browsers. All the "extras" are just going to cause problems and always do on any anti-virus or malware program. I disabled the webshield and it gives me a warning and the warning is alway on. That's annoying. I don't want that shield. So I'm not sure about this program. Also, trying to sell me "upgrades" with a "learn more" link for "Backup & Sync" and "Password Manager" is a bit annoying. 

It's a good anti-virus but might not be my choice. 

2 replies

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2017/04/av-provider-webroot-melts-down-as-update-nukes-hundreds-of-legit-files/

Wow. I'll give the program it's 2 week trail though. 
I guess that's happened to a lot of security software. Anyway, still would like the option to disable the webshiield and not have the program notify me that "critical shields are disabled". Strip down the program a little more to just a basic anti-virus and it might be worth purchasing.