Solved

New member with a quick question and observation.

• 30 November 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
Greetings all, I am a newer WR user and have been enjoying the product since installing it on my windows 10 computer. Has anyone experenced a windows message center message which looked just like the MS store pop/slide out from the right lower part of the screen? I was using Edge, doing a gereral search and recieved two the other day and contacted support which told me that there are no Extensions yet for Edge. It looked very real but ignored it and looked on teh MS Store site and didnt see anything, that's when I  contacted support for advice. What was interesting, it was not in the message center when i looked at recent messages. Just wanted to let all know to beware of this, and if anyone else has experenced this too. Kind of scarry sites can identify wat kind of antivirus you are running. 
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 30 November 2018, 22:36

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello @ and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

We Beta Testers are testing a new Web Threat Shield Extension for Edge but as far as I know it's not out to all users but you could be getting the messages from the Microsoft Store for what ever reason and maybe not and if you are concerned you can Submit a Support Ticket and ask them for a Security Check.

Thanks,