Solved

New to Forum – NEED HELP!!!

• 16 February 2014
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1
I’m an artist with little knowledge of computers so any help would be very much appreciated.
I run security Anywhere and I think it’s a great system, just lately it detected a virus which it quarantined and then removed. My problem is when I run system analyzer I keep getting the message in the threats section ‘There is one active infection on your computer’. I’ve run a scan and its shows I do not have an infection – HELP!!!
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 16 February 2014, 18:45

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello David51 and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

You actually joined a day before me. LOL Go into Quarantine and delete the file in there and go to the next Tab and remove the file from Block/Allow list then do a Scan to make sure it's clean then run System Analyzer and please let us know if it's fixed. If not do a clean reinstall of WSA with Reboot in between and that should solve your issue.

HTH,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 1
By the way you lost me with ‘do a clean reinstall of WSA with Reboot in between’!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Download the installer Here and make sure you have a copy of your keycode then uninstall WSA and Reboot then using the new installer install and let it finish it's install scan and Reboot again and one more thing if you do Import settings don't do it in this case and set it up as you like and run System Analyzer again and it should fix your issue. If not you will have to Submit a Support Ticket and they can have a look at your logs to see what's causing this issue and correct it for you but I'm sure a clean reinstall will fix it.

Cheers,

Daniel  😉
Userlevel 1
Thanks Daniel, I don’t have any idea what part of the world you are in, in England its Sunday evening so I think I will do this on Monday. I sure you realise the system is in the ‘cloud’ therefore I didn’t think I had installed anything with the system. I’m probably completely wrong but as I said I’m an artist understand oil painting is about my limit!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Just follow the instructions and you will have no problems and it only takes a few minutes! I live in Canada about 35 minutes from Toronto, Ontario. I hope the Weather is not affecting you over there? Stay Safe! Have a look here on how to uninstall: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/uninstall-change-program#uninstall-change-program=windows-7

Daniel
Userlevel 1
Thanks Daniel, I will let you know how I go on – thanks. As I said Monday would be best as i need to finish a portrait - painting, food, wine and AC/DC – Monday would be best!!!  Canada – my relatives live in Lillooet.  Google me (davidowendudley)
Userlevel 1
Sorry forgot to say, we are OK in this part of England just lost a few fences but other than that it’s OK.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
WoW very nice Paintings! I'm lucky if I can do stick people! LOL And great to hear your safe there are a few others from England in the Community and they are well also but what a mess going on there. :(

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Hi David51

Welcome to the Community Forum...:D

Glad to meet another Brit in the Forum.  I am located in yhour time zone and so if required can cover/support Daniel , in his support of you, if the time zone difference gets in the way (but he seems to be up at all hour...that is how dedicated he he is...;))...otherwise I will leave you in his most capable hands...unless asked to assist.

Hope to see you around in the firum going forward...they are a great place to frequent.

Have a great week.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Daniel – what can I say but THANKS.:D    Carried out your instructions and when completing its scan near the end of installing it found 3 issues then another issue, without your help I would never have discovered theses. The worrying thing is how did WSA miss them in the first place and more importantly why did WSA insist on confirming my system had no issues when it obviously did?

Nice of you to say my art is OK. We all have our skills in life, with you it the technical side of things like computers – with me its art.

Regards, David
Userlevel 1
Daniel – what can I say but THANKS. Carried out your instructions and when completing its scan near the end of installing it found 3 issues then another issue, without your help I would never have discovered theses. The worrying thing is how did WSA miss them in the first place and more importantly why did WSA insist on confirming my system had no issues when it obviously did?
Nice of you to say my art is OK. We all have our skills in life, with you it the technical side of things like computers – with me its art.
Regards, David
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello David,

At times some programs get corrupt from many possible reasons and the best thing to do is a clean reinstall but if you want to make sure your fully clean of malware please Submit a Support Ticket and they can look at your Scan Log to make sure! But I'm Glad a clean reinstall fixed your issue and if you have any other questions feel free to ask!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello David51, sorry I missed your Welcome to WSA Community Forum! A lot of Help here and a lot fun so don't be shy!

Take care and Post away! 😉