New to Webroot

Badge +1
Retired and happy, saying goodby Norton, and all is running well thanks to the very helpful Webroot support

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello gmorsefl and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums where everyday is a new learning experience!
Please feel free to ask any further questions you might have.
Thank you
Best regard, Petr.

Userlevel 7
Hi gmorsefl

Welcome to the Community Forums...:D

Glad that you dropped by to let us know that you are a convert to WSA, and that you have found Webroot Support very helpful (that is what we tend to find too ;))

If you have any questions about WSA or think that you may have an issue then this Community is a great place to come to seek advice and help...there are usually other users and Webroot  Community personnel ready to pitch in to see what they can do.

We also have fun here and it is the best place to learn as little or as much as you want about your new security app.

So hope to see you around in the future.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 6
Welcome aboard gmorsefl and enjoy your Webroot Experience!:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
gmorsefl 

All the best
Thank you
Petr

Userlevel 7
Hello gmorsefl,

to the Webroot Community Forum and the Webroot Family. :D                     
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Welcome to the greatest and friendliest community on earth gmorsefl.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello gmorsefl and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums! 

Also welcome to the future this is how and AV should work 745kb install file and all the work done in the Cloud and 3 to 6MB of RAM usage!

Cheers,

TH

Userlevel 7
TH, what a fantastic explanation!! :D

Thanks very much!!

Mike
Userlevel 5
Welcome to Webroot!
Userlevel 7
Hello gmorsefl. Welcome to the Community. Good to see you're happy with WSA and the Support team. They're among the best Support teams if not the best. As explained through Triple Helix's diagram, WSA is simply super cool. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes Welcome gmorself, Happy you found your way to Webroot community..You can't beat the Webroot Support team that's for sure..have fun on the community and hope your enjoying your retirement ...
Userlevel 7
Gee...:$ In my previous post I've simply forgotten to write...:(

Hello gmorsefl!! :D Welcome to the Community!! :D

Regards,

Mike

Userlevel 5
Badge +24
Welcome back and I am sure you will stick here foreever. 🙂
Hi, I am retired also (former mechanical engineer until age 40, then got re-educated with a Master's in social work, a field in which I worked until retiring at the end of 2007.
I discovered this new, improved Webroot Secure Anywhere AV in June, 2013, and have used it ever since.  I have been on a current subscription of Norton Internet Security concurrently and occasionally "relapse" into using it instead, but I've just dropped it (again) due to the intrusiveness of Norton's scans (which require an act of Congress to stop once started - for exaample, when I walk away from my PC a half hour.
   Admittedly, while I have loved Webroot, its protection ratings are not as universally high as Nortons's or Kaspersky's or BitDefender, but it is MUCH less intrusive upon my pc's operations.  Thus I expect to stay with it for a long time.
  Blessings TO and THROUGH everyone here! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Welcome to the community Robert!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello bbriley42 and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Yes we here allot of that everyone is getting fed up with Bloat that can cause system slowdowns an such but with Webroot SecureAnywhere all the work is done in the Cloud and all you have to do well not much as it's always keeping and eye on everything that is happening on your system and looking for suspicious activity and it scans in 1 to 2 minutes most times mine does it in 35 to 40 seconds and I love it! If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Cheers,

Daniel ;)

Userlevel 7
Admittedly, while I have loved Webroot, its protection ratings are not as universally high as Nortons's or Kaspersky's or BitDefender, but it is MUCH less intrusive upon my pc's operations

That I would debate! But in anycase Welcome to the community!
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello bbriley42 and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums! 

Userlevel 7
Hi bbriley42,

Welcome to the Community!!:D

Best regards :D

Mike
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Robert! Welcome to the Community...great Forum here with loads of information for everybody...Hope to see you around.

Best Regards,

Sherry
Userlevel 5
Welcome! :robothappy:

Userlevel 5
BTW: i'm talking to you from my school's computer
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Admittedly, while I have loved Webroot, its protection ratings are not as universally high as Nortons's or Kaspersky's or BitDefender, but it is MUCH less intrusive upon my pc's operations

That I would debate! But in anycase Welcome to the community!
I have to agree with you on that one!

Daniel
Hi Everyone,

I appreciate the kind greetings from everyone who's replied to my introduction.  Thank you!

My statements regarding comparisons with Norton, Kaspersky and Bitdefender come from looking at many rating sites, but I know that no two rating sites agree on relative ratings, so please take my statement with caution.

In all events, I am a thankful and appreciative user of Webroot S A and its developers, who have been so thorough and creative in their work!

Bob Riley
Albuquerque, New Mexico
USA
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Have a look at this video it's and older version of WSA but the same protection even if a virus is missed: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-Education/What-Happens-if-Webroot-quot-Misses-quot-a-Virus/ta-p/10202 and Webroot are working on a test methodology that can truly see how WSA does protect it's users. Also if you have and hour at sometime this is a Awesome video given by Webroot's own Grayson Milbourne Director, Security Intelligence! Make sure you watch it full screen. ;)

Cheers,

Daniel ;)