Solved

New user with problem

• 8 April 2014
  • 8 replies

I am trying to use windows update, which used to work fine. Now I get the message:

Failed to find the required file.
C:documents and settingsAll usersApplication DataWRDatapkgPplugin.dll

Even if I disable webroot, Update just hangs. What can I do?
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 8 April 2014, 03:33

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello there Vallander, welcome to the Webroot Community!

Can you check that file name again and see if it might actually be LPPluggin.dll?

If its, that is actually a part of the browser extensions for the Password Manager, and it is usually very easy to fix.

To fix it, download and run toolbarfix.exe

Please let us know if this helps.  :)
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello Vallander, and Welcome!

Here are some links to help with Windows Update issues also, in case you need them:
 Windows Update freezes when you install updates in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista

Fix the problem with Microsoft Windows Update that is not working
Userlevel 7
That error is a Webroot error though...   If the toolbarfix does not help at the moment, I would suggest to temporarily disable the Password Manager.  Open IE, and go to Manage Add-Ons.  Find Webroot Toolbar and disable it.  Close IE and try again, or reboot the computer and then try again.
Userlevel 7
Hello Vallender. Welcome to the Community.:)
Userlevel 7
Hi Vallander,

Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Hope you stay with us for longer and of course feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Regards,

Mike
Hi,
Sorry for the delay, just got back from a trip. I tried that toolbarfix.exe and it worked like a charm! A two second fix--awesome! Thank you very much for your help and my thanks to the others who gave such speedy replies--it's really appreciated!
Userlevel 7
Hi Vallander,

@ wrote:
I tried that toolbarfix.exe and it worked like a charm! A two second fix--awesome! Thank you very much for your help and my thanks to the others who gave such speedy replies--it's really appreciated!
Great to hear that! :D
You are welcome and of course feel free to ask if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Mike
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi,
Sorry for the delay, just got back from a trip. I tried that toolbarfix.exe and it worked like a charm! A two second fix--awesome! Thank you very much for your help and my thanks to the others who gave such speedy replies--it's really appreciated!
No worries on the delay, I am just glad it worked!

That error was pretty common back about 6 months ago.  One of the Microsoft Windows Updates Malware Removal things had a False Postive on that file... For the next week or so we all saw a LOT about that issue.

I still see it here and there, though I do admit I have seen it a bit more often over the last 2 weeks than I have for the last couple of months.  Not sure why.... but it is not nearly as prevailent as it was back then.