Solved

Pleased with service and product

• 24 February 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi I have been a customer of WEBROOT for may a year if not longer and I just wanted to take the time to say how pleased I am with this product.
the only thing I sometimes worry about is if techs that are running the automatic computer scan can access my personal information on my computer!!!
I just heard today from my manager, how her elderly father had been scammed out of $14K out of his savings account by a technician he let work on  his computer to have a virus removed. they removed it but then took his money out of his savings. Now they can not be located. the company told him they were with Geek Squad but it was spelled Geez Squad. Hope this doesn't ever happen here!
thanks for keeping my computer clean 
Eknowles

icon

Best answer by akim 1 March 2018, 23:21

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Thanks so much for your kind words @! The scam you mentioned is unfortunately a common one, but easily avoided by making sure that you always go directly to a company's website to find their contact information. These scammers set up fake websites which they advertise through the search engines, but if you look at the site you should be able to tell that they are fruadulent. Also, please know that Webroot never charges for tech support, so if you are asked to pay you know you are dealing with a scammer. 
Thanks for being here!