light bulb

Did You Know?

Highlighted
Retired Webrooter

Racing for Webroot - Roy Tobin

[ Edited ]

Earlier this month, Webroot's very own Roy Tobin (User: Rakanisheu on our Community) took part in a racing event at Mondello Park, a race-track not too far from Dublin. He drove with his Formula Vee car decked out in Webroot livery and represented us all very well!

WP_20140713_003.jpg

I asked him to tell us all a bit about his experience...

Thanks to one of the team owners I was given a free drive for the weekend which is something that is very rare in Motorsport these days even more so for me! The weekend didnt start off great with the car having an issue with the starter so I had to be push started! The car itself had been sitting around for the last two years and thus the tyres were well past it and I had no front end grip at all. Qualifying didn't go great as it was taking ​me a while to get used to the car, I was miles away from the pedals and was struggling with the mechanics of the car. The first race was a disaster the car stalled on the grid and due to the starter issue I didn't even start the race. 

The second race didnt fare much better with a number of crashes and the lack of front end grip meaning that I started nearly last (27) and just about got up to 15 at the end of an incident packed race. The 3rd race was far better due to a better car setup I managed to start on Pole position. However my lead didn't last too long as I still had no front end grip but I managed to hold off the guys behind me and finished on the podium. 

The final race was a disaster from an organisation point of view but I still finished a decent 7th just behind a 4 time Formula Vee champion.  -- Roy Tobin

He was able to send me a few brilliant photos of the race, including this brilliant picture of him leading the pack.

10498179_663767713705964_6929837365758871651_o.jpg

As well as one of him really putting the foot down!

10501650_10202349158869841_6161694338409800312_n.jpg

He even had a mascot!

WP_20140713_002.jpg

Finally, we have a brilliant picture of him standing proud on the podium sporting the Webroot logo. Webroot's own star driver!

10496023_671172776298791_2672955499439614348_o.jpg

EDIT: We also have a video of the racing action, including an interview with Roy at the 14 minute mark which can be found here: http://www.mondello.tv/2014-2/dunlop-formula-vee-festival-2014/vee-festival-heat-2/

Topics: 83
Kudos: 5,405
Solutions: 203

Re: Racing for Webroot - Roy Tobin

Smiley Very Happy Great pictures and I enjoyed the story of the events!!

Thank you for sharing and supporting Webroot Roy!! Smiley Wink

Sherry

Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC) | Download (Best Buy Subscription) | Submit Trouble Ticket | Account Console | User Guides |

BrightCloud URL lookup

Register and Introduce yourself to The Community!

Mac / Yosemite(10.10.4), IPads, PCs,W 7 Pro & W 8.1 R Pro. W 7 Pro on Lenovo (VM:W7,8.1,10) & W/Vista Ultimate on Gateway Laptop.
(WSAC 5 PC,WSA Business)W/10 Preview (WSAC Android)
Retired Webrooter

If anybody is wondering why my hand is behind my back on the podium its because I am holding a full pint Smiley Happy I was in the bar when I saw the podium celebrations starting. Wasnt letting a perfectly good fresh pint go to waste!

Topics: 83
Kudos: 5,405
Solutions: 203

[ Edited ]

Rakanisheu wrote:

If anybody is wondering why my hand is behind my back on the podium its because I am holding a full pint Smiley Happy I was in the bar when I saw the podium celebrations starting. Wasnt letting a perfectly good fresh pint go to waste!

Smiley Wink Neither would I but yes I was wondering about that pose! Oops and that grin!

Sherry

Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC) | Download (Best Buy Subscription) | Submit Trouble Ticket | Account Console | User Guides |

BrightCloud URL lookup

Register and Introduce yourself to The Community!

Mac / Yosemite(10.10.4), IPads, PCs,W 7 Pro & W 8.1 R Pro. W 7 Pro on Lenovo (VM:W7,8.1,10) & W/Vista Ultimate on Gateway Laptop.
(WSAC 5 PC,WSA Business)W/10 Preview (WSAC Android)
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

That is awesome Roy - congrats!

Topics: 656
Kudos: 8,230
Solutions: 618

Excellent Roy and Congrats on making it to the podium!

Cheers,

Daniel Smiley Wink

coollogo_com-133794099.gif

asapvip.pngSigGVIP.pngEPA.png

Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete Beta Tester v9.0.1.36 on my main system Alienware 17R2, Windows 10 Pro x64 & HTC One M8 Android Lollipop 5.0.1 Phone v3.7.0.7135.

MVP.gif.png Microsoft® MVP Consumer Security  

Twitter1.png  Untitled-1.png  WBA.png

Topics: 4,301
Kudos: 8,196

[ Edited ]

I did wonder about your hand Roy. Congratulations and well done on getting onto the podium.

I am just watching the video now, it is quite a race.

Great interview as well plus I love the Irish accent. Smiley Happy

Sr. Community Leader

Community Expert Advisor

Wow wonderful race! Congrats Roy. I'm glad you took good care in hiding the pint. Was it Guiness that Daniel loves so much?

"Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication." - Leonardo da Vinci

Great poics! Love the car!

sig

Experience Shared is Knowledge Shared, Share Yours! I'm a volunteer – my reward is your SMILE!Smiley Very Happy

Helpful Webroot Links:

Submit Trouble Ticket • User Guides • BrightCloud URL lookup • Account Console 

Download (PC) • Download (Best Buy/Geek Squad Subscription) • Download (Walmart and Target) • Download (MSN Subscription) 

Register and Introduce yourself to The Community!

[ Edited ]

Rakanisheu wrote:

Actually Roy, I didnt notice that until you mentioned it and I would have done the same! Smiley Very Happy

Congrats!

sig

Experience Shared is Knowledge Shared, Share Yours! I'm a volunteer – my reward is your SMILE!Smiley Very Happy

Helpful Webroot Links:

Submit Trouble Ticket • User Guides • BrightCloud URL lookup • Account Console 

Download (PC) • Download (Best Buy/Geek Squad Subscription) • Download (Walmart and Target) • Download (MSN Subscription) 

Register and Introduce yourself to The Community!