Renewing/Updating

• 22 October 2017
  • 2 replies

I have one laptop I use my Webroot on.  I purchased this in 2014 or 2015 and I have the original hard copy of the system on a disc with the original Product Key.  It recently expired and so I purchased a whole new Webroot cd and put that in to update something.  

It still says 'Subscription Expired'   Status: Active.  What does it mean that my status is active but subscription expired??  I don't remember if I did a trial or not.

Please tell me how do I update my original software so that I can be safe again.  I did a computer scan & it says it removed 2 threats, next scan starts in 2 hours.

2 replies

Hi Tiffany,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

"What does it mean that my status is active but subscription expired??"

Your subscription remains active for 30 days after expiration. Which is why it still says "Active".

Your new keycode must be entered maunually as this info is not contained on the CD but rather inside the new software package.

Be sure you have your new keycode that came with your new CD. (You won't need the CD)
Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX

Open WSA and click on the gear next to "My Account".

Then enter the new keycode in the box provided and click "Activate."

Reboot your PC and that should do it. Please note that if you use the Password Manager or Backup & Sync (if your version has either or both of these) then you will need to contact Webroot Support and have them transfer that info to your new keycode.

Hope this info helps. Please let us know if you have other questions or need further assistance. We'll be happy to help. :)

BD
Userlevel 7
Hi tiffanyw540

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may just add to what BD has posted.

It sounds like what you have done is a pseudo renewal, i.e., you have not actually renewed your original subscription but purchased a new one...and with that a new keycode. A real renewal would have been where the new subscription period is added to your existing keycode, and so there is no need for a new keycode.

When you activate the new keycode the old keycode remains active, i.e., you are in fact running 2 subscriptions in parallel. And therefore whilst you are protected by having activated your new keycode the old keycode is still going to expire...so you will get expiration messages from that until the end of the 30 day grace period that comes with a subscription, i.e., for 30 days after the actual expiration date of your old keycode.

The only way that I know to get rid of the messages would be to Open a Support Ticket, explain the situation to the Support team and ask them to cancel your old subscription.

Hope that I have understood your original question and that therefore the above helps?

Regards, Baldrick