Solved

Scan Time - WR Online Dashboard vs WR PC Software

• 18 June 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge
1) When I look at my WR dashboard online, scans for my PC are for the most part under 3-5 minutes.  BUT, the actual scan time ("Last Scan Duration") when I look at the software on my PC, today's scan is well over 40-50 minutes for my daily scan and is what I typically see on daily scans.

2) I also now have over 360 Active Connections when I look at the WR's PC software.  Should I be concerned?  If so, why didn't Weebroot pick it up? 
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 18 June 2018, 17:45

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hello,

May I ask if your talking about the PC Client or the Mac Client? On my PC it takes anywhere from 35 seconds to a minute to do a default deep scan which is about normal with newer systems, older systems can take some time anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes and depends how much data you have on that system. https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#ScanningForMalware/RunningScans.htm%3FTocPath%3DScanning%2520for%2520Malware%7C_____1

If you would like a free security check please Submit a Support Ticket and they can check things out for you.

HTH,
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Also I don't know why scans show different on the Online Console but I go by what it's says by the Client on the said system, maybe a good question for support to answer? I will ping @ to see if she can add anything?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
Also I don't know why scans show different on the Online Console but I go by what it's says by the Client on the said system, maybe a good question for support to answer? I will ping @ to see if she can add anything?

Interesting, I don't have an answer off hand, but I'm more than happy to get to the bottom of it. I'll report back once I know more.
Interesting. When I checked this out for myself, my first scan this morning was different by 2 minutes. PC console said that scan took 2:30, but Web console said 30 seconds. But after running another scan and waiting a couple of minutes, then refreshing the Web console, now they're similar, only differing by 1 second?

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Interesting. When I checked this out for myself, my first scan this morning was different by 2 minutes. PC console said that scan took 2:30, but Web console said 30 seconds. But after running another scan and waiting a couple of minutes, then refreshing the Web console, now they're similar, only differing by 1 second?

Not here!

Badge
WR jumped on my computer and it seems my scans are half the time it use to take.  But my online dashboard and PC Software scan durations and time are still way off...oh well.
Badge
Also, some of the time stamps are when my computer is shut-down (i.e. 2am).  Yes shut-down, not put to sleep.  After WR cleaned up and reinstalled the software and running the first scan, I ran a second scanned that lasted 22 minutes instead of the 30 to 40 minutes on a 3 to 4 year old computer (Windows 10, i7 processor w/8gb memory).  There were 180 processes and 100,595 files scanned.  Hard drive was replace lat year.  I guess it's my computer.