Spamming of Renewal Notice

• 14 June 2016
  • 4 replies

Every time I turn on my computer though I've paid for services from webroot I want DAILY I get a red notice to renew at $150. cost. When does the spam go away?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi mnavone

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Have you by any chance renewed your subscription recently and if you did was it by the purchas eof a new subscription, i.e., you received a new keycode, rather than adding time to your existing keycode?

Regards, Baldrick
Good question. I don't have a copy of last year's renewal so I can't compare the keycodes. I'll keep looking for it. Thanks for the input.
Userlevel 7
Thanks for the response.

I would say that if you did a 'proper' renewal, i.e., under the same subscription/keycode, time would just have been added to it in the back office and no new keycode issued, whereas if you did a 'pseudo' renewal, then you would have received and had to activate a new keycode.

If you cannot remember what happen then I believe that you can check via your online console (HERE) as I believe that even though expired records of previous keycodes activated are key. If you are not presented with them when entering the account then try clicking on the email addree lnk in the top right hand corner of any page and selecting 'Manage keycodes' from the drop down menu displayed.

Do keep us updated as to what you find.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
This caught my attention because I just got a "new" subscription rather than paying twice as much for a renewal.

Is there a check list somewhere of all the things to do to prevent Spam emails, popups, and other stuff when switching "keycodes"?

Also, curiously, last week I got this:

Obviously not related, but when I look I have no private messages....