Steam / Malware

• 23 July 2014
  • 2 replies

Lately I've been playing CivRev5 on Steam. Sometimes the games can last 1 - 2 hours. When I return to my desktop there is an alert from Webroot. I'm new to PC games. Used to play on XBL. Is anyone else familiar with Steam and any threats that may be coming from their servers?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
What alerts are you getting?  If you can post the exact message or a screenshot that would be helpful.

Generally anything you get from Steam is safe - you usually have to beware of phishing sites that pretend to be Steam.

What you might be getting is a false positive from a newly release game that isn't in our database yet.  If that happens, just let us know and we can whitelist that new application.
Userlevel 6
Welcome to the community BobTE!

As Nic asked, please let us know what the alert is.

If you are seeing an alert to review your security report, that one is normal and will go away in a few days if it has not stopped already.

Looking forward to hearing back from you and hope that you will come often and share your experiences with us!

Beth
@ wrote:
Lately I've been playing CivRev5 on Steam. Sometimes the games can last 1 - 2 hours. When I return to my desktop there is an alert from Webroot. I'm new to PC games. Used to play on XBL. Is anyone else familiar with Steam and any threats that may be coming from their servers?