Solved

Updating Password Mgr

• 13 November 2014
  • 4 replies

My name is Debra (Last name removed). This is the first time I've been on here and am in need of some guidance. I'm pretty sure this is the wrong board but I really don't know where to put it so here goes. I was updating Password Manager, regrouping everything. All the groups were as I wanted them except for the information for all my emails is gone. Is there any way to retrieve the information? Thank you.......
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 13 November 2014, 17:07

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello there Debra!  Welcome to the Community!

Don't worry about which board is the 'right one'... as you are new and introduced yourself I think this board is just fine so I am not going to bother moving it.  :)  (Future posts might to into either WSA-Internet Security or WSA-Complete, depending on which version you have, but again we are not picky.  If we don't like where you post we are quite happy to move it without fuss or complaint.)

I did remove your last name from the post just to help protect your privacy though.

You have a VERY good question, one that I have not seen before.  I THINK I have a solution for you though.

• Click Passwords
  • When the Passwords screen comes up, try to click the link for "View Deleted Items" in the menu on the right hand side as shown below:

In the future, it might be a good idea to use the Export Data function to create a backup copy of your entire Passwords list.  (NOTE: The backup copy of your passwords might NOT be encrypted, so you will want to store it somewhere OTHER than on your hard drive or delete the backup after you are done updating your Passwords lists.

I hope this helps.. please let me know if this does allow you to get your email passwords back!
Userlevel 7
Thanks for that information David. I didn't know about that feature. Good to know!
Thank you so much for the information. I was able to retrieve everything. In the future, I will attempt to choose the proper board for my questions. Again, thank you so much. 

BTW... I appreciate you removing my last name. I wasn't thinking too clearly when I wrote that.....
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thank you so much for the information. I was able to retrieve everything. In the future, I will attempt to choose the proper board for my questions. Again, thank you so much. 

BTW... I appreciate you removing my last name. I wasn't thinking too clearly when I wrote that.....
AWESOME!  I am very happy that worked to get the missing data back into your Passwords lists!  Thank you very much for letting me know :)

Again, don't worry about posting to the right board... if you get it wrong we don't mind and we can move it if needed.

Please come back any time you have a problem or question.  We have a lot of good knowledgeable people on here.