WEBROOT SOFTWARE OVERLAPPING

• 29 April 2018
  • 5 replies

HELLO OUT THERE.  I ACTUALLY HAVE TWO WEBROOT PRODUCT CODES -- ONE THAT IS CURRENTLY IN USE, AND HAS 355 DAYS STILL TO GO --  AND ONE PRODUCT CODE THAT I PURCHASED FROM BEST BUY --  AS PART OF A BUNDLE OFFERING, WHICH MADE MY PURCHASE FROM BEST BUY --  RATHER INEXPESIVE.  SO, ONE KEY CODE IS NOW IN USE, AND THE OTHER, WHICH IS A THREE YEAR HAS A THREE YEAR EXPIRATION --  IS JUST SITTING IDLE.  SO, ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO HOW TO MAXIMIZE THIS SITUATION?  OR, WOULD THIS BE A QUESTION THAT I SHOULD POSE TO WEBROOT?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi TONYEXPRESSRX29

Interesting...but a couple of points to be aware of.

Best Buy sell their own version of WRSA as well as the standard version from Webroot, in very similar packaging.

If the version bought from Best Buy is the Best Buy version, as opposed to the standard version, then the license starts running down from the moment that you make your purchase, i.e., if you purchased a 3 year licence a year ago then if you install now you will only have 2 years left on it.

So you need to check out precisely what versions you have; installed & waiting in the wings. Let us know what the position is and then we should be able to advise accordingly.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
OKAY BALDRICK.  I APPRECIATE THE FACT THAT YOU WEIGHED IN -- OVER MY PRIOR POST.  I WILL NOW SHARE WHAT I KNOW ABOUT MY PURCHASE FROM BEST BUY WHICH OCCURRED BACK ON 11.04.17.  I JUST VIEWED THE ACTUAL RECEIPT --  AND IT GAVE ME A "MEMBER NUMBER" AND A CORRESPODING "KEY CODE."  SO, IT SOUNDS LIKE I MAY HAVE PURCHASED THE BEST BUY VERSION.   ??????  I SAY THIS BECAUSE OF THE BEST BUY MEMBER NUMBER.  THE KEY CODE STARTS WITH SA2-FZD-BBD --  ETC.  YOUR TAKE?  THANKS! 
Userlevel 7
Hi TONYEXPRESSRX29

I am afraid that there is not much you can do as, if you are correct about you having the Best Buy version, the Webroot & Best Buy versions are viewed as different applications and the licence code for each is 'different', i.e., they are not exchangeable/transferable, so you cannot ask Webroot, as far as I know, to add the remainder of the Best Buy Licence (if that is what it is) to the current Webroot version.

All I suppose that you can do is to install the version that we believe to be Best Buy on a system that does not have the Webroot version installed.

But of course, as I do not have the detail necessary to make a firm determination I would suggest that you Open a Support Ticket, and explain to the Support Team who should be able to better advise precisely what you have and therefore what your options are.

Hope that helps further?

Regards, Baldrick
Hello again Baldrick.  Based on your suggestion, I will open a ticket and see where it takes me.  After I obtain a final ruling, I will circle back and tell you the result.  Thanks again!
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
@ wrote:
Hello again Baldrick.  Based on your suggestion, I will open a ticket and see where it takes me.  After I obtain a final ruling, I will circle back and tell you the result.  Thanks again!
We can freeze the one you have directly through us while you use the Best Buy license. Once the Best Buy license has expried, then you can call us back and have us reactivate the one directly through us and start using that one again. If you feel this could be a worthwhile solution, please reach out to us at 1-866-612-4268.