Solved

Webroot Popups on Windows 10 (Bottom Right)

• 18 June 2018
  • 2 replies

Badge
I am receiving a popup on my Windows 10 PC from Webroot.  It seems they want me to read some article.  The popups are for the most part random but they always show up when I open the software.  This is becoming very aggravating.  When I open Webroot, it takes two clicks to close.  And, let me tell you that second small, again, small red "x" on the popup box is hard to hit.  My mouse finger is in a splint from clicking my mouse so hard all over the darn box.  All for the same article that they have been showing me for the past few weeks.

It must be an important article to Webroot and they should share it with everyone and not be bias in keeping it to just their customers.  Good paying customers I might add.  It should be plastered on their homepage.  Heck, by the number of times they are craming it down my throat, you would think they are getting a Pulitzer.  Here's to you Webroot...cheers.  I would really have a hard time reading this article a second time.  But for some unknown reason, Webroot wants me to read it again and again.

If anyone knows how to rid my small little world from the popup monster (really just spam) feel free to educate me.  Not that I can pay you but I am eager to learn.  Thank you or anyone else, for that matter, for your time!
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 18 June 2018, 01:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Yes others are reporting the same but we will have to wait to hear from someone from Webroot tomorrow about it: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Annoying-notification-showing-several-times-a-day/td-p/322416
Webroot has no solution. The checkbox at startup option does nothing. As I am typing this Webroot has overlayed a popup on the bottom right about Learning More about how to avoid......

Webroot fail