Solved

Webroot icon on my desktop.

• 27 July 2016
  • 3 replies

I just purchased a new PC with Window 10. I don't know how to get my webroot icon on my desktop.
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 28 July 2016, 00:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Just go here under Advance settings and make sure show on desktop is checked and save and that will do it! https://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C13_Settings/CH13a_SettingInstallPreferences.htm

Thanks,

Daniel ;)

?
I've done that nuumerous times and still no shortcut appears on my desktop. I can pin a shortcut to the taskbar, but nothing on the desktop.

Mike
Userlevel 7
Hi wrigley

Welcome to the Community Forums.

What you are reporting does sound somewhat strange as usually a no show by the icon on the desktop is cured by what Daniel has posted.

Some other options to try, depending on how techie you are; (i) navigate to "C:Program FilesWebroot", right click on the WRSA application, and then 'Copy', then navigate to your desktop, right click the space that you want the shortcut to reside and then click on 'Paste Shortcut' from the contect menu displayed, or (ii) uninstall & clean reinstall WRSA. If you wish to do the latter then please follow the following instruction carefully:

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer; to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Check to see if the desktop icon is present and if not then follow the previously provided instructions to enable the feature from the 'Advanced Settings'.

And if none of that works then I would Open a Support Ticket to get the Support Team to investiaget this issue for you.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick