Yahoo/Bing

• 26 November 2017
  • 3 replies

I recently aquired the "ability" to have yahoo show up when I start my browser. My home page is google. When I go to the home page icon I do get switched back to google.
My search engine is Internet explorer. And browser is google. The search enginr updated to Explorer 11 recently. And I removed auto update. I removed the bing bar etc. It seems these cheeky bastards hijacked my browser to Ask??? I cannot make any changes to my default browser in settings because it automatically then puts in yahoo..Any ideas??????????????

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36
First try Control Panel/Programs/Uninstall Ask Toolbar/Updater.  Or secondly download malwarebytes Junk Removal Tool.
Have you tried changing your start page under settings/Internet Options/General? 
I looked for ask in control panel programs. Not finding it. I will look again. And In general settings for internet is where I am having issues. I have google as my default, And no other browsers on the list. It did appear but I deleted yahoo so only google is on the list. And thank you for the feed back.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
You are very welcome and also welcome to the Community.
Just to be clear, Google is your SEARCH engine and IE is your browser. 
What other problems are you having with IE General options?