Solved

down loading updates

• 20 June 2014
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
  • Fresh Face
  • 4 replies
I get Adobe reader wanting me to update. I am afraid I will get maleware put on my computer. I get a pop up warning so I don't update. How can  I update it safely?

icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 20 June 2014, 17:57

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello lhl, welcome to the Webroot Commumity!

It is safe to update Adobe Reader, but you do need to watch carefully.  Adobe software often comes with additional "trial" or "value" software, such as browser toolbars or a trial of other AV software that can cause problems for your computer.

If the pop up is indeed from Adobe, you can click to update.  Watch carefully for EVERYTHING that has a check mark that you can select or un-select.  Make sure to opt out of ALL additional software that is offered.

These options may be shown prior to downloading the update, or while installing.  You probably will need to agree to the Adobe License Agreement again, and that is quite safe to do.
Userlevel 1
Thanks for the info. I probably need to introduce myself. My name is Ilene. I am a mother and grandma. I love it. I am not the most knowledgeable with computers. I am not afraid to learn. I love family history. I am happy that there is a place I can come for help with my computer. Thanks to all the people on this site for your help and support.
Userlevel 7
Hello Ilene,

We are always happy to help!  This Community is of course primarily for supporting Webroot products, but we are also happy to try to help other questions as well!  A lot of good, friendly people on here  🙂
Userlevel 1
I know now that I have a place to come with all my computer problems. Thanks Web root for great advice. Ilene
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello and I missed your post Friday so I would like to say Welcome to our Webroot Community Forum lhi. We are elated to have you here. We certainly can try to help you with a lot of your issues or problems with your computer because we have a fantastic and knowledgable group of Forum Members here.

Make yourself at home and browse around and pop in in and join us! 🙂