hi all from the Nati

• 12 February 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi all my names Tony just bought webroot.........I had some questions about the system analyzer....no antispyware installed? doesnt webroot have this already? an active process has a possible memory leak?? if anyone could give me some answers would be great thanks for reading

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi raiderfanincincy

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Well, lets see what we can do to help answer them.

Yes, WSA does deal with spyware...I have just run the System Analyzer on my system and there is no issue here about "no antispyware installed" being highlighted...would you be able to provide more information either from the 'View Report' or 'View Full Report' options?

With regard to "an active process has a possible memory leak", can you advise as to which process is highlighted as being the cuprit? I am suspecting either a browser or File Explorer or something equally mainstream.

In terms of this I would not worry too much about it especially if it is something like File Explorer or a browswer...at the end of the day unless your system is low on RAM it is very unlikkley that you will see any noticable effect of this being the case. And in terms of fixing the memory leake...well, only the company that sourced the app in question can do that and I am sure that Microsoft will not be rewriting File Manager anytime soon because the Webroot System Analyzer has caught it out.

Finally, the Analyzer is just a baseline tool which gives a rough check on one's system so in terms of the peripheral readings, such as memory leakage, etc., I would not set much store by it.

Awaiting your detail on the "no antispyware".

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Hi Baldrick thanks for taking the time to look this over and reply.......the culprit of the leak is iexplore.exe and theres also a possible handle leak of the same file?.............as far as the no antispyware installed thats exactly what it says on the report lol i really cant make out to much on the full report it gives thanks for any help once again!
Userlevel 7
Hi raiderfanincincy

iexplore.exe is Internet Explorer...as I said...usually browsers are highlighted as having memory leaks...and well, they might but if you are experiencing no performance issues then...I would ignore it.

Not sure as to why you are seeing the "no antispyware installed"...especially if WSA is functioning properly. Check the Windows Security Center to see if that is also the case there, and if concerned then Open a Support Ticket to get the Support Team to have a look.

Alternatively, if you want to try you could undertake an uninstall/clean reinstall...just in case this has been caused by a faulty install or upgrade. If you want to try this then please follow the steps below closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here(Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer; to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Then run System Analyzer and see if the "no antispyware installed" is still being reported...if so then open the support ticket if you have not already.

Hope that helps further?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
thank you for the help Baldrick i really appreciate it
Userlevel 7
Hi raiderfanincincy

You are most welcome. Hopefully you are sorted?

Regards, Baldrick