Solved

i have a mac with webroot and tried to renew and it won't activate, says waiting for license

• 17 November 2016
  • 6 replies

Hello, my name is Sandy.  I've been a user of Webroot for the last couple of years. I tried putting in my recently purchased renewal key code, and it won't activate. Says waiting for license.  I have a IMac.  Any suggestions would help.  I did send an email to Webroot Tech.  Waiting for a response.
icon

Best answer by JP_ 17 November 2016, 23:50

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello and welcome to the Webroot Community,

Have you tried this below?

Activate new keycode
This solution addresses Webroot SecureAnywhere for Mac OS X 10.7 and higher

If you receive a new keycode from Webroot, you can activate it from the My Account window.

To activate a new keycode:
Open the SecureAnywhere interface (click the Webroot icon in the menu bar, then select Open Webroot SecureAnywhere from the drop-down menu).

From the main window, click My Account.

In the My Account window, click Activate a New Keycode.

Enter your new keycode in the box labled Enter your keycode to activate your software and click Activate.

Note: If you get an error message when trying to activate a new keycode, be sure that you have entered the keycode properly. Many times the characters i/1, o/0, s/5, b/8 and others are confused when the user types the code in manually.

When installing from an email, you can copy and paste the keycode directly into the installer. To copy and paste your keycode, highlight the full keycode with your mouse, right-click the selection, and select Copy from the context menu (or press Command+C on your keyboard). When prompted for the keycode, place your cursor in the keycode entry box, right-click, and select Paste from the context menu (or Command+V).

Sorry I'm not at.a computer right now.
@ can you assist?
Userlevel 7
The "Waiting for License" issue is something that you will probably want assistance with from our Technical Support Team:

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227 M-F 7am?6pm MT
Send us a Support Ticket: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

They will need to run quite a few "sudo" commands to perform a complete Clean Uninstall/Reinstall.
Userlevel 7
@,

For your convenience, I've created a Support Ticket for you on your behalf. You will have received an email to start the conversation.

Please feel free to provide any more information by clicking on the link in that email. Either way, someone will be in contact with you shortly.

Cheers,
How long does that take?  

Userlevel 7
I would say no more than 10-15 minutes. It really depends on how long it takes for them to Remote into your Mac.
I really appreciate your help. It was very helpful, and I was able to install webroot. Thank you