master password invalid?????

• 25 March 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
hi folks.....on both Firefox and Chrome, everytime i insert my master password so my passwords will auto fill, ect, the putton tells me that it is invalid...arg...and its not.  Please help...thankyou.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi connieb

This sometimes does happen and to try to resolve it, you can try running the Toolbarfix tool.  You can download it for HERE.

Once downloaded launch it by clicking on the executable, and you should see the following, and if so then click on 'Run':

which should then take you to the following dialog:

on which you should choose/check the option 'Repair/Install the Webroot Toolbar' and then press 'Start'.

That should initiate the fix process and you just have to wait for it to finish, close the dialog and then check in your browser to see if the Password Manager Toolbar icon is now visible.  If the fix has been successful you should see the following greyed out icon in a toolbar at the top of the IE browser page:

One then double clicks on that so that the login dialog is presented, etc.

If that does not resolve the issue then please Open a Support Ticket to contact Support  as it could be that your console password has become unsynced from your password manager password, and they can fix that.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Thank you for trying to help...i've sent a message to the support page...my icon is still there, but it doesn't recognize my master password..arg!!  thanks again.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
OMG...there is a fix...I hanged my console password and using a hunch, I used it with my password icon and it worded...thank you and sorry for bugging you so much...yay!!!!

Userlevel 7
No worries...glad you managed to sort it out. Sounds like there may have been some mistyping of passwords, etc...so if in doubt start over. ;)

Regards, Baldrick