• 6 replies

hello this  is joe r.  i would like to know latest on ransomware

icon

Best answer by JP_ 27 January 2017, 18:56

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Here you can find the latest security news:
Security Industry News
Userlevel 7
Greetings @ and welcome to our Community!

Adding to Petr's post, you can also find relevant articles on Ransomware on our Webroot Threat Blog:
https://www.webroot.com/blog/
Userlevel 6
Hi ransomes are still a big eveolving threat and malware writers do get mo re inventive with each new strain that comes out. luckely there are guides and removal tools / other programs. ( that I do not mention here , because this involves other security vendors and it is prohibited to mention them on this forum , so excuse me for that! ) noted all infections can be cured and decryption tools cannot always get your hijacked files back because the aes encryption methods the use are getting harder to crack down. the best advise is : never ever open up emails or word documents / exe files from senders you do not know anod get your self a goord ( free ) backup program ( there are plenty of them ) to back up  your sensitive data , or use external hdds. hope this helps a bit! 😉
Userlevel 7
Very good suggestions, @ ;)
We appreciate the help!
Userlevel 7
@Starrchild1976 wrote:
Hi ransomes are still a big eveolving threat and malware writers do get mo re inventive with each new strain that comes out. luckely there are guides and removal tools / other programs. ( that I do not mention here , because this involves other security vendors and it is prohibited to mention them on this forum , so excuse me for that! ) noted all infections can be cured and decryption tools cannot always get your hijacked files back because the aes encryption methods the use are getting harder to crack down. the best advise is : never ever open up emails or word documents / exe files from senders you do not know anod get your self a goord ( free ) backup program ( there are plenty of them ) to back up  your sensitive data , or use external hdds. hope this helps a bit! ;)
Great ideas...but been done to death here, so I am afraid that you are flogging a dead horse...we have been advising this ever since ransomware first reared it's ugly head...it is a pet hobby horse of mine and a number of the other members...and to be honest few want to listen as either dfo not have the sense to understand the threat or are just to caught up in their little 'clicky, clicky world' to bother...until disaster strikes and then it will be too late. :@
Userlevel 6
@ I know this I have being telling the same story over and over again to friends and collaegues who bring in their laptops / computers so I can take care of the malware. some people will be ignorant , or just don't give a dingeling on what happens. but when they lost their precious pics or whatever the come crying and sobbing....the only thing I have to say at that point is : I told you so! :)