Solved

zip cruncher

• 20 April 2018
  • 4 replies

heard tht this may be invasive. and cant  uninstall.. help?
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 20 April 2018, 11:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum,

This is what I have found out. Please read this information below:
In many cases, the Zip Cruncher software is bundled with third-party products like the VSCodec PRO and the PC Codec Pack that make potentially dangerous changes to your Internet settings. One has found that Zip Cruncher uses some of the resources shipped with the VSCodec PRO and the PC Codec Pack and you may find that some of your browser settings are locked by the Zip Cruncher. Many have received many complaints about the Zip Cruncher in the first weeks of April 2018 and discovered that PC users are forced to load h[tt]p://go.zipcruncher[.]com. Additionally, the Zip Cruncher is stated to come from a company called meme Ltd. that does not appear to have a valid business registration and an official site. You may be shown a link to zipcruncher[.]com/privacy but there is no content on the page, and there is a generic EULA at zipcruncher[.]com/eula that is of no use.

Computer security analysts classify the Zip Cruncher as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) from meme Ltd. Researchers and found that the Zip Cruncher is designed to change your new tab, homepage and default search settings to h[tt]p://go.zipcruncher[.]com. You may find a browser extension titled 'Zip Cruncher' in Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox that loads baseapp[.]zipcruncher[.]com when you click on its icon in the navigation panel. Baseapp[.]zipcruncher[.]com may allow users to open various archive files and download their content to the disk. However, the Zip Cruncher may use its browser integration to read your Internet history and show personalized advertisements in pop-up windows, banners and floating ad-boxes.

My best advise is to Submit a Support Ticket and have the Webroot Support Techs remove this for you. It's a free service with a Webroot subscription.

https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Hope this helps?
Nice work, @. :D

You sure get up early. 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Why Thank you @!:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Yes I agree nice work Sherry! 😃