A dog puzzle for anyone that is interested.

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
For my Birthday my good wife bought me a DNA testing kit for Suzie.
She has always been a mystery and the subject always comes up about "what is she?" when we are out so I thought it would be interesting for folks on here to give it a shot and say what they think are the 2 dominant breeds in her.
We are intending to send the samples back on Monday and it is supposed to take about 2 weeks before the results are back.

Any takers?

39 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Jasper!

German Shepherd , Goilden Retriever?

What a very special birthday.gift!;)
Userlevel 7
I'm going along with Sherry on this, German Shepherd / Golden Retriever. 😉
I think Sherry is right about the German Shepherd part, but I'm going to say Husky and Yellow Lab, just to be different.:)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
This a a Golden Retriever.......;)

http://netstorage.discovery.com/feeds/brightcove/asset-stills/apl/1405101252923B029WY_12670802101197_GoldenRetriever.jpg
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
I think Sherry is right about the German Shepherd part, but I'm going to say Husky and Yellow Lab, just to be different.:)
Why husky?
That is what I would bet on as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Husky...Could be Jasper and BurnDaddy!

http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/dogbreeds/photos-RS/siberianhuskiesf2.jpg
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I don't know, I actually know as much as anyone 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I wish I could give a prize for a correct reply but I cannot - sorry.
From what I understand, I will be given a list in order of her most dominant breeds, so I suppose you can name as many breeds as you want to as long as they are in order from the most likely and down.

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Jasper ~ how about a lab and a Saluki?

She's a beautiful dog.
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
Jasper ~ how about a lab and a Saluki?

She's a beautiful dog.
Saluki has crossed my mind as well, we will soon know though LOL
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
The samples have been sent off, so it is just a waiting game now.
Userlevel 7
I'm not a gambling man and I have no real educated guess, but she's gorgeous regardless of what you find out.
Eager to hear the results! :catsurprised:
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
I'm not a gambling man and I have no real educated guess, but she's gorgeous regardless of what you find out.
Eager to hear the results! :catsurprised:
I don't know anything really about dog breeds and all we are doing is guessing, I am sure you know more than you are letting on JP ;)
Take a guess!
Userlevel 7
I'm gonna go with a Wild Card here (as always) and say some sort of Collie-mix? Now I really wanna know!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
I'm gonna go with a Wild Card here (as always) and say some sort of Collie-mix? Now I really wanna know!!!
:D
You will have to wait JP, but I can promise you that I am as eager as you to find out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hi @ when do you expect to get the results on suzie?
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
Hi @ when do you expect to get the results on suzie?
I would hope by the end of next week but it may be a little bit longer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Thanks Jasper..............awaiting anxiously..

http://i.stack.imgur.com/lL4p1.gif

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Thanks Jasper..............awaiting anxiously..

Userlevel 7
Ah, that's the incredibly elusive yellow pupper/ gray floof mix!

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
You cannot fail James 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
I have the results now and I will post them this evening after I have had a better look at them.
A surprise or 2 ;)

If anyone wants to make a last minute guess this is the time to make it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Yep, I'm voting for a Labrador and Alsatian cross, as was originally suggested by Sherry. 

p.s. Yes it had also occured to me that there could be something of  Saluki /LurcherGreyhound type animal present also.
But I'll stick to my main choice, and perhaps traces of Saluki etc. and you can't put all your dogs in one dog basket! 😃
Rottweiler and Chihuahua?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Jasper! I can't wait to hear the results! :D