Amazon.com - Kenmore

• 22 July 2017
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17
Wow. After joking about Amazon buying Sears, this hit me in my unshaved face this morning:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/06840702-07b2-3183-b50f-a13051112e32/here%27s-why-amazon-selling.html
My wife quipped that Amazon won't be having drones delivering clothes washers; however, I pictured pallets with parachutes being shoved out the rear cargo door of C-130's.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Or Mil-26 helicopters hovering over the neighbourhood winching down large orders...LOL.

I am just waiting for the first class action against Amazon for inapprorpiate delivery resulting in damage to goods purchased...;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +54
@ wrote:
Or Mil-26 helicopters hovering over the neighbourhood winching down large orders...LOL.

I am just waiting for the first class action against Amazon for inapprorpiate delivery resulting in damage to goods purchased...;)
That will come Baldrick.
Badge +8
It sounds like Chicken Little screaming "the sky is falling". Oh dear, where are we headed in this hurry up and catch up world? When we heard that they bought Whole Foods Market, customers were not happy as they enjoy the touch and smell experience of food shopping. Wonder if over time, our senses will start to evolve to keep up with this everchanging planet.
I certainly don't advocate going "off topic" but sometimes one just has to comment on what is in the news. 
T

Userlevel 6
Badge +17
T--
You ain't off-topic. It's all related. Just take cover if you ordered a washer and you see parachutes or a box at the end of a big winch leading up to a heavy-duty chopper. It's likely to be a dangerous touch experience.
Rick
Badge +8
Copy that! I am also concerned about the eggs arriving via drone. And who is going to pay for the spilled milk????:D
T