How do I change my Admin email address?

• 30 May 2015
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I am learing Webroot, put in an eMail address as the admin that changed now--how do I change it on the system? Do I affect all the passwords and information I already loaded under the original admin email?  Thanks

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Yes changing your e-mail will affect your your account using passwords and a your Adminstative setup.

Currently, the only way to change the primary email address associated with your Webroot account is to obtain a new keycode and repeat the account creation process. However, if you prefer to keep the current primary email address, you also have the option of adding a new user to your account.

Choose one of the options below:

Option 1: Adding a sub-user to your current Webroot account

If you choose to add a sub-user to your current Webroot account, keep in mind that the email address used to create the account would still be present. When you create new users, you're adding an email address that can access the account and view information about associated devices, without changing previously entered information. To add a new user, click here.

Option 2: Changing the primary email address and re-creating your Webroot account

To change the primary email address associated with your account, you will have to obtain a new keycode and repeat the account creation process. The Webroot Support team can assist you with this. Unfortunately, this action would delete any data you have stored on the My Account site, including any passwords you may have stored (Internet Security Plus and Complete versions only.)

If you choose this option, we recommend you save your data locally prior to creating the new account.
  • If you are using the Backup & Sync feature of Webroot SecureAnywhere, click here and navigate to the Backup section for instructions on downloading any data you have synchronized.  
  • If you are using the Password Management feature in the SecureAnywhere Complete version, click here and navigate to the Passwords section for instructions on exporting any passwords you have saved.
If you want to obtain a replacement keycode and create a new account, please submit a ticket to our Technical Support team by going  here or submit a ticket here  Hope this helps,  Kind Regards,