Jurassic Park 4 to be directed by Colin Trevorrow

• 17 March 2013
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
The long awaited Jurassic Park 4 will be directed by little-known director Colin Trevorrow, Universal Pictures has said.
Trevorrow, 36, made his feature film directorial debut in 2012 with the time travel comedy, Safety Not Guaranteed.
Steven Spielberg, who directed the first two instalments of the lucrative $1.9bn (£1.26bn) dinosaur franchise, will executive produce the fourth film.
The movie - which will be made in 3D - is due for release in June 2014.
Spielberg announced in 2011 that Jurassic Park 4 was in development, much to the delight of fans who will have waited 13 years when the fourth film hits the big screen.
Universal has given no other details regarding its cast or plot, however it will be written by Rise of the Planet of the Apes screenwriters Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver.
Jurassic Park and The Lost World Jurassic Park took $914.7m (£604.7m) and $618.6m (£409m) when they were released in 1993 and 1997 respectively.
Jurassic Park III, helmed by Captain America director Joe Johnston, was released in 2001, but its $368m (£243.3m)global box-office takings failed to match those of the first two films.
Jurassic Park will be rereleased in US cinemas in 3D in April to celebrate its 20th anniversary.

Full Article

TH

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Interesting.  I liked the first, the second a bit less.  By the third I was losing interest, and to be honest I fear the fourth.  But.. one never knows.. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised!
Userlevel 7
I am a little scared as well!

It has decent screenwriters so we will have to wait and see. 😃
Userlevel 7
Yeah, usually following episodes hardly surpass the quality and thus popularity of its predecessors. We will see ...
Userlevel 7
@DavidP wrote:
Interesting.  I liked the first, the second a bit less.  By the third I was losing interest, and to be honest I fear the fourth.  But.. one never knows.. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised!
I also would have to agree with David on this. 😉
Userlevel 6
Colin did his best to make a good movie , but in my opinion failed miserably with this attempt. the reason for me saying this , is because I missed the steven spielberg " magic "in the original jp and jp the lost world. and the lack of animatronics , all that we did see whas cgi dinos.