Number of posts made in Community forum on the main page are no longer showing

• 1 November 2017
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Whenever I was on the Webroot Community forum one could see the total number of forum posts made. This always showed up in the top-right-hand-corner of page, but no longer. Anyone else notice the change?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Yes @, it has gone for me as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
Yes that is just one of many changes that were unnecessarily made IMO.

Whilst we are on the Home page, I now find it very irritating that the authors of the three posts that are shown under Latest Posts are not shown - you have to click on All Posts to find out. It may not be a major point but just seems to make the user experience less desirable. Some posters are always worth a read - other not so much.

Whilst I'm at it, I still can't see why Lithium can't highlight misspelled words as we type, rather than have to check manually afterwards.

End of grumpy post! :D

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Yes @, it has gone for me as well.
Thanks, Jeff.   I hope it comes back.   It showed if there was any change to forum post count. Now, I haven't a clue when new posts are made. :(
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hi Nemo,

I was viewing posts when I came across yours. I use Grammarly which is free. It underlines in red if the word is incorrect and immediately gives you the right choice. Go here to download free app(s) https://app.grammarly.com/apps ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
Thanks Julie - kind of you to offer a solution. I am aware of Grammarly but wouldn't use it because I consider it a privacy nightmare.

I like to think that I take reasonable steps to ensure my privacy online and having EVERYTHING that I type sent up to Grammarly to be viewed and then stored for an indeterminate time on their servers, does not sit well with me.

So I will make do with Lithium's outdated spell checker until they come up with something better. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Thank you, Nemo. I wasn't aware of Grammarly privacy issues!