Question: Why, if I am protected, is my Secure Anywhere console orange with a ! ??

• 18 March 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
I scanned my computer last night, and the console was green, and fine. Why, 20 minutes ago, did it turn orange with no indication of what it meant? I have been through all of the tabs, the little blurb underneath the "Scan Now" only says a helpful hint of incase I need help.... etc.

WHY IS MY SCREEN ORANGE? thank you. I know I am getting close to renewal but, there is no mention of that on the console. Please help. If I am protected, what is going on? Also, if I renew now, I don't want the heart attack a month and a half from now. I want the transaction complete.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi sxd0145

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I have seen this before, and checking Quarantine nothing is listed as having been found or dealt with. In those circumstances (which are rare in my experience) I run a manual scan and usually find that WSA reports back that all is well, i.e., Green.

If concerned by this then Open a Support Ticket and get the Support Team to investigate this for you.

Not sure as to what yo are referring to by the "if I renew now, I don't want the heart attack a month and a half from now." statement. Care to explain precisely what you are referring to and then we can offer an opinion?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
I do regular scans too. The screen toggles back and forth with orange and green. I don't know if it's blocking an attack or not. I've had this for two years and have never seen this happen. If I uninstall and reinstall it, would it change it, do you think? Change the password?

I meant, by my comment of payment, last year, I went down to Best Buy, where I bought the disk, and paid for my renewal, a month early. The payment didn't go through until the renewal started. I am used to paying for something and it going through right then, not delayed payment. I don't enjoy calling Best Buy or Webroot in a frantic state, trying to figure out what the charge was that went through. Yes, I am that paranoid.

Thank you for answering me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello sxd0145,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry to hear you are having this issue.

Please try a uninstall/reinstall of Webroot below:

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,